.four.

Glancing over at Sire, I noticed he had fallen asleep

Glancing over at Sire, I noticed he had fallen asleep. His arms pulled back into the sleeves of the hoodie.

I was starting to feel a little guilty cuz I knew his mean ass was cold. Should let him freeze....

I stood up quietly, leaving my blanket on the recliner. I headed to my linen closet and grabbed another blanket, shitting the door and heading back to the living room.

I let the blanket unfold, shaking the wrinkles out and draping it over his body. A smirk spread across his lips as he squirmed.

"Knew yo ass wouldn't let a nigga freeze to death." He spoke in a raspy voice.

"Don't ruin it. I'll take my blanket back." I mumbled before walking back to the recliner.

Wrapping myself back in the blanket I looked over at him, awake now he sat, pressing the power button on his phone that wouldn't come on.

"Fuck." He mumbled before leaning forward and leaving it on the coffee table.

It had been 3 hours now, and no, the generator never came on. And the wind and snow were still beating against the building. I was freezing, bored and stuck in a room with this nigga.

Shit like this is what made me want to move out of this building. I was saving for a house anyway, and I prayed that was going to come through soon enough.

The silence began to irritate me as I thought of small talk I could try to make with Sire. Even though I'd rather just go to sleep.

Maybe I'll just do that instead.

I obviously had questions, but if Sire was easy to figure out, I'm sure he'd just tell me it wasn't my business.

"Why you eyeing me? You really do got a staring problem?" He spoke as I snapped back into reality.

Sucking my teeth I replied. "I wasn't even looking at you. I was looking to direction."

"Look somewhere else."

"You wanna go back across the hallway night light boy?"

He sucked his teeth and groaned. "You not even funny."

"Grown ass man scared of the dark."

"Shut yo ass up. You don't know what I been through."

I sat back and didn't say another word. He had a point. Even though I still think it's illogical and insane for a grown man to be afraid of darkness. I was gonna let him have his fears. I had mine.

"I'm sorry."

"Whatever."

"You wanna tell me why?"