.fifty.four.

Being led out to the meeting area, Sire wasn't sure who he was seeing

Being led out to the meeting area, Sire wasn't sure who he was seeing. He hoped it was Sybil, the last time he had seen her was during their conjugal and he wanted to see her face badly.

Sitting at the glass, he waited until he saw a familiar face. Beaming with a smile as she walked over and took a seat.

They each grabbed the phone and Sire smiled.

"You surprised me."

She giggled. "Yea, I know I usually get you a heads up when I'm coming."

He shook his head. "Don't even trip. I missed your face.....my beautiful girl right there."

Sybil blushed and sat up, leaning onto the counter.

"I wanna hug you so bad." She mumbled.

"Aye, it's bout to be February, the we got just 1 more month."

She nodded and smiled softly, her lips falling into a flat line. Sire picked up on it and his face filled with worry.

"What's wrong?"

Sybil looked up at him and shook her head. "What? Nothing....nothings wrong really."

"You look sad."

"I'm not sad." She swore. "Um...just something happened and I gotta tell you about it."

Sire sat up and held the phone tightly. "Sum happened to you? You okay?"

"Yea, I'm okay baby, I promise."

Putting down the phone for a moment, Sybil reached into her purse and pulled out the ultrasound copy.

She held the white side toward him, she didn't want him to see it yet. Picking the phone back up, she cleared her throat.

"I had been feeling sick lately. So last week I went to the doctor....well first I did some at home....research I guess." She paused. "So when you got remanded....I um....I had stopped taking my birth control cuz it was messing with my body and shit....and then on Christmas Eve...on our visit. We were just so caught up I didn't really pay attention. I just missed you so much."

Sire followed intently, feeling a nervous sensation in his stomach.

"But yea I....I wasn't feeling myself and um...ChiChi got me two....pregnancy tests." She said quietly. Thumbing the edge of the photo. Turning is slowly she placed it against the glass for Sire to see.

"So yea....."

He stared at the black and white photo, an expressionless look on his face. His brows furrowed and he looked in utter surprise.

"I...." he paused, shaking his head. "How....H-How far are you?"

"A little over a month now."