.forty.five.

Sybil watched behind Sire as he stood at the now filled plot

Sybil watched behind Sire as he stood at the now filled plot. As everyone piled back into their cars to escape the rain, he stood only, letting it soak him completely.

Staring down at the mahogany casket that held his daughter inside. The rain beating against it, as it slipped through the shabby tent above the ceremony.

He chewed his bottom lip, clutching roses in his fist.

"We were just getting there........" he paused. Exhaling a trembled sigh. "We was right there...after I wasted so much time being angry at you for something out of your control." He mumbled. Blink this tears out of his eyes, they ran down his cheeks, mixing with the rainfall. "Now I don't got you at all....I loved you...."

Sybil stood by her car, clutching her umbrella in hand and watching Sire as he stared at the ground.

She didn't think this was fair. Sire made so many choices lately to battle his demons, to confront them and accept them as a part of who he had become. He had mended the bond with Alexis.

Why was he being met with trauma again?

Sybil knew this wasn't going to be an easy healing process for him, and it was going to knock him back down. The days prepping for the funeral, he barely even spoke. And if he did, it was emotionless, cold, short tempered and angry.

Lifting her foot, she wanted to step forward and go be by his side but she thought against it. She didn't know how to approach him, she didn't know what she could do to make it better.

There was really nothing she could do.

Sire dropped his roses into the 6ft hole and a twinge pained in his chest. He gritted his teeth and inhaled deeply.

Feeling a hand on his back, the rain stopped pelting him. Letting out another shaky breath, he looked over his shoulder at Sybil. Now lifting the umbrella over both of them.

"It's not fair.....and I wish there was something I could do to make it better." She spoke softly.

Sire sniffled and swallowed the lump in his throat. "Just don't leave me too...."

Dropped her arm she grabbed his hand, lacing her fingers into his. "I'm not going...anywhere."

Pulling him gently, he led him away from the gravesite. Still holding his gaze on it as it got smaller in the distance.

Sybil's phone rang in her pocket but she ignored it, letting it ring until her and Sire were in the car. The ringing stopped and she tossed her umbrella onto the backseat floor.

Looking at Sire she reached for his hand again and squeezed it. "Look at me."

He turned his head slowly, his red and puffy eyes looking into hers.