My unperfect life

You see Before I was even born my fate was always sealed for me, to be the queen of the Italian/American mafia, to marry the man who will become the ruler, the king of the empire Christian Moretti, bring 2 mafias together as one, to be forced into love that's the mafia way, but it's not my way, never was, never will be. My heart is secretly with Dylan moretti, the younger brother of the empire, he wanted to live life like me, away from the mafia, but we both know our love would be dangerous, so a few years ago we made a pact to never explore our feelings, and that's how it's remained ever since.

Now I'm 20 and about to marry Christian next year, Iv got one year of so called freedom, but no it's not freedom, my time is spent most nights with Christian, the lead up to the wedding is what the mafia call ' bonding time' however I spent my time ignoring him, which In return is infuriating for Him.

You see I'm naive yes, yet I won't do what I don't what to do well I will when forced, but I'll make it harder.

My life's always been around mafia but us girls don't get involved, it's more for the men the woman sit back and look pretty, my mother never wanted this for me, she wanted me away from the mafia but unfortunately she was killed when I was 7 so I never did manage to get away from this life.

Now I'm stuck, marrying a man I hate.
~~~~~

" why won't you speak to him?" My father asks as he sits down at the foot of my bed, I looked at him and rolled my eyes " is this a joke? Dad are you serious?"

He shook his head " now Morgan Louisa Montez" his voice a little higher more Authoritative this time, " you will do well to cooperate, mia figlia (my daughter)you will marry Christian wether you like it or not, Iv had enough of your childish games Principessa" and with that he up and left slamming my door shut.

I sigh and throw myself back down on my bed, Atleast I had my own room at this hell hole. I put the tv on I might Aswel watch some Netflix. But I wasn't getting any peace Today someone knocked on my door loudly " tut, yes!" I shouted, pissed off now. I tensed as the door slowly opened I hoped it wasn't Christian, but I immediately relaxed when I seen it was Dylan, my bestfriend the better of the moretti siblings.

I smiled sitting up, " hey" he said sheepishly sitting At the side of me, " dinners nearly ready, Karen's made risotto con ossobuco and I know you love it. I thought after we could go in the cinema room
With some snacks?"

I loved that idea with Dylan, he's got his own arranged mafia marriage too, but he's accepted his fate and got on with it, I wish I had his resilience.

I smiled and nodded " I'd love that"

He stood and walked to the door " best get ready then, I'll see you in 20" he smiled and turned on his heels and left.

I hated this, hated staying here. Each mafia home had their own set of rules, and the moretti way is you dress up for dinner each night, god it was so much effort, I mean it's not like I do it myself no no Tabitha who's been assigned as my 'personal dresser' comes up and gets me ready each night, they think their royalist it's sickening, she comes in chooses my outfit and makeup and hairstyle, I don't get a say, it's like I'm a prisoner. But if they want me to marry Christian I want Tabitha gone, I don't need her I can get myself ready.

I sigh as I hear a timid knock at the door, " yes come in Tabitha."

I watch as the small timid looking young girl walks in and straight to my closest, " so miss Montez, mrs moretti is joining you all for dinner tonight so it's a special occasion, I'll choose you an elegant black dress with a Pearl necklace your hair will be curled and put up in a fancy bun. Mr Christian has told me to tell you, you have to be on your best behaviour tonight" Tabitha ways while laying out the beautiful dress on my bed.

" oh Tabitha do you always need to be so.....uptight.. relax. It's me I'm not a moretti I wont have your fingers for talking out of line"

Tabitha seemed to relax at my words, she was only young around 22 and I can tell she's always tense around the mafia members, I fear something happened to her because of them, I'll find out one day.

She smiled " I'm sorry miss.."

I but in " please call me Morgan "

She smiled slightly " Morgan, here is your dress I'll leave to get my make up while you change"

And she quickly left the room while I changed.