Chapter Twelve: Lexi & Oliver's Worry

It was the next morning after the heated dinner the boys had. Lexi woke up to Oliver's mumbling.

"Can you shut up?" Lexi said, throwing a pillow at the male.

"No." Oliver snapped back, sounding genuinely furious.

Lexi's curiosity got in the way and noticed this. She knows she didn't do anything wrong so it couldn't be her.

"What's the matter, Oli?" Lexi said, not even thinking about what she was saying.

Oliver looked at her, caught off guard by the sudden nickname. He slightly smiled before going back to his furiosity.

"I'm afraid our friends are starting to like each other." Oliver spoke honestly.

Lexi sat up, immersed in the conversation. "Why do you say that?"

"Well, for starters, Seb and Leah have been friendly since the beginning." Oliver pointed out.

"Yeah, that's just Leah." Lexi responded. "She's naturally really friendly and nice to everyone. It's hard for people to dislike her. It doesn't mean she likes Sebastian."

"But I'm afraid he might like her." Oliver suggested. "Just because he seems to take the girls' side so much."

"Well, tell him to back off." Lexi growled. "She's too innocent. I don't want him to hurt her."

"Excuse you?" Oliver raised a brow. "What are you claiming my brother would do to her?"

"Well if he's anything like you..." Lexi's eyes trailed away as she just implied rather than actually say what she was thinking.

"Says you." Oliver scoffed.

"Excuse you?" Lexi growled.

Oliver sighed. He wasn't in the mood to fight with her about something like that. "Nevermind us. I think Kane also likes Nova."

"Seriously?" Lexi's eyebrows raised.

"Yeah, he even has one of her photos as his background." Oliver confessed.

"Ew, gross." Lexi's body shook as she got shivers down her spine.

"Can you just talk to your friends?" Oliver pleaded.

Lexi looked at him to see the begging in his eyes. It was something she hadn't seen before. It got to her. "Yeah, sure, okay."

"Thank you." Oliver spoke. "I don't want our friends liking each other."

"I can agree with you on that." Lexi said.

And with that, Oliver left to take a morning jog to clear his head. Later after returning, he made sure to apologize to his friends about last night. Whether he meant it or not, he didn't want any tense feelings towards one another.

*****

Later that day, Lexi found Nova. She thought Nova would be the most relieving as she doesn't catch feelings easily. She found the female reading a book on the back porch.

"Hey, Nova, can I talk to you for a second?" Lexi suggested.

"Yeah, of course Lex." Nova sat up, putting her book down to talk to the female. "What's up?"

"I wanted to ask you about Kane." Lexi said bluntly.

Nova scoffed, although the corners of her lips lifted a bit. "What about him?"

"I was curious if you had any feelings for him?" Lexi asked.

Nova scoffed again.

"You don't, right?" Lexi asked, knowing her friend.

"Of course not, Lex." Nova responded. "Why do you ask?"

Lexi sighed in relief. "I don't know. Oliver thinks Kane might like you or something."

"Really?" Nova's eyes widened a bit.

"Yeah." Lexi nodded. "But if you don't like him, then we have nothing to worry about! Alright, great talk, Nova!"

Lexi jumped up to walk back inside. However, Nova found the conversation quite odd and of course, now Kane was on her mind. She wondered if Kane really did like her and if she was being honest, she just told Lexi what she wanted to hear. She wasn't sure how she really felt towards Kane.

*****

After talking to Nova, Lexi found the other person she wanted to talk to, Leah, on her laptop like normal.

"Hey, Leah, can I talk to you for a second?" Lexi got the female's attention.

"Of course, Lexi." Leah smiled at her, setting her laptop to the side to give the female all her attention. "What's up?"

Lexi sat down next to the younger female. "I wanted to ask you about Sebastian?"

Leah found herself smiling. "What about him?"

"I wanted to ask if there was something going on between you two." Lexi confessed.

Leah looked down. She sighed as she knew Lexi didn't like any of the boys.

"Lex, I don't hate them like you do." Leah spoke.

"I know." Lexi nodded. "I just want to make sure you don't actually like like him."

Leah scoffed. "And what if I do? What would you do about it?"

Lexi's eyes widened. "Leah, you can't trust Sebastian."

"And why is that?" Leah raised a brow, growing upset.

"He'll hurt you." Lexi responded.

Leah started to grow furious. Lexi didn't know the male like she did so had no room to speak. And on top of that, she was tired of people trying to 'protect' her.

"Lexi, you don't know anything about him." Leah growled. "Sebastian is kind and caring. He actually seems to care about me. And we have a lot in common."

"Leah-" Lexi tried to change her mind.

"I'm over this." Leah stood up. "Look around Lexi. You hate the boys for whatever reason, when in reality they are actually really kind towards all of us."

Lexi looked down, feeling guilty for a reason she didn't really even know. Leah started to head into her bedroom, stopping for a moment.

"And by the way," Leah made her final statements. "I never said I liked him."

Lexi watched as the female walked into her bedroom, practically slamming the door. Lexi grew worried. She felt relieved after talking to Nova but if what Leah said about the boys being nice was really true, then she had something to worry about.

~Authors Note~

Hey guys! This chapter is kind of short, really sorry! But I felt it did have a lot of drama so I hope it was good enough TT Anyway, I hope you guys enjoyed and I will see you soon. Biez!