Chapter Twenty-Six: Rosie's Feelings

It was Wednesday morning. The groups only had a couple more days together before they had to leave. Nova was out in the backyard, reading like normal, when Rosie came out to join her. The girly female was in a bikini, taking a seat beside Nova. She was clearly trying to sunbathe.

"Good morning, Nova." Rosie greeted the female as she sat beside her.

"Good morning, Rosie." Nova greeted back. "Sunbathing?"

"I need it." Rosie sighed as she got in position under the sun. "What was all that racket last night, though, with Kane?"

Rosie and Regie's room was right next to Kane and Nova's so the yelling was very clear through the wall they shared. Nova let out a breath as she put her book down.

"Yesterday was very...complicated." Nova said.

Rosie grinned. "Spill the tea."

Nova snickered at Rosie's need for gossip.

"If I tell you, can you promise not to tell Lexi?" Nova pleaded.

Rosie's eyes widened. She thought for a moment, then believed it would be fun to keep a secret. "Yeah, sure, okay."

"Okay." Nova leaned closer to the other female. "Kane and I started dating last night."

"What?!" Rosie exclaimed. "How did your fight lead to you two dating?!"

"Shh!" Nova didn't want anyone to hear Rosie's screaming. "He confessed to me but you know how I am, I freeze up in moments like that. He got mad when I didn't say anything and it caused a lot of drama and worry among the boys. I talked to him and we had this really heartwarming conversation where I told him I liked him too and then he asked me out."

"I didn't even know you liked him." Rosie shook her head as she tried to wrap her head around everything.

"Yeah, I didn't tell anyone because of the whole rivalry." Nova sighed. "I didn't want to date him if everyone disapproved of it."

"So what changed your mind?" Rosie asked.

"Leah and Sebastian dating." Nova spoke.

Rosie's eyes widened and she sat up. "What did you just say?"

Nova's eyes widened and her jaw dropped. "You didn't know?"

Rosie shook her head.

"Oops." Nova immediately felt guilty. "Don't say anything!! I didn't know until last night either!"

"How could she?!" Rosie's thoughts ran.  "I told her not to. He's going to hurt her."

"That's why you didn't know..." Nova muttered her thoughts aloud.

Rosie started to stand up.

"Rosie, don't!" Nova stopped the female.

"She can't date him!" Rosie turned to Nova.

"Why not?" Nova asked. "Why do you disapprove of Sebastian?"

Rosie froze in her thoughts.

"I...I don't really know." She looked at the female.

"It's Lexi and Oliver." Nova knew what was happening. "They got into everyone's heads. None of us had reasons to dislike the boys, we just listened to Lexi. And now look, the whole house seems to get along except for those two."

"Wow." Rosie thought. "You have a point."

"Think about Regie." Nova suggested. "Do you actually have a problem with him?"

Rosie thought for a moment but couldn't find a bad quality about her male roommate.

"I guess I don't." The female said.