Chapter Sixteen: Darren's Feelings

It had been a couple of hours since Darren left for his date. He was sitting there, staring at the female as she talked. Everything about her was perfect. She was sweet, kind, pretty, and cared about what he was interested in, not just talking about herself the whole time. However, Darren couldn't bring himself to genuinely smile majority of the night.

"Darren?" His date called his name, interrupting his thoughts.

"Huh?" The male fixed his eyes on her's.

"Are you okay?" She asked. "You seem to be a little distracted."

The male looked down as he thought. Then he stood up. "I'm really sorry but I just don't think this is going to work out."

"What?" The female watched as the male stood up, taking his wallet out of his pocket.

"This should pay for the bill." He said, placing money on the table. "I'm really sorry."

And before the female could even process what was going on, he left. It had only been an hour but he just wasn't feeling the sparks, yet she seemed like the one he was looking for.

Not ready to head home, the male made his way down the street to a nearby arcade. Hoping to clear his mind, he started to play a few games. And when they weren't doing the trick, he took a walk instead.

After a much needed walk, the male took a seat at a park bench, needing to clear his mind. He bent over, rubbing his head with his hands as he sighed heavily.

"Rough night?"

The male looked over to see an older male holding a leash which was attached to a dog, sitting on the other end of the bench. Both him and his dog seemed to be resting.

"You could say that." Darren scoffed.

"What happened?" The man asked. "If you don't mind me asking."

Darren thought for a moment. It wouldn't hurt to talk to an older wiser man, even if he was a stranger. "I had a date."

"Ahh~" The man sounded like he understood. "Didn't go so well, huh?"

"Not really." Darren shook his head. "But I don't really know why."

"She must not have been the one."

"But she seemed so perfect for me, yet my mind was elsewhere."

The man snickered, causing Darren to look at him. He didn't say anything funny so he didn't know why the man was laughing.

"What's so funny?" Darren asked.

"You're young so I understand why you haven't realized it." The man explained.

"Realize what?"

"If your mind was somewhere else, I'm going to assume there's another person in your life that makes you happier. You couldn't bring yourself to smile right?"

"Yeah..." Darren muttered.

"But I bet there's another girl who makes you smile and laugh like crazy." The man spoke. Darren looked down as the man continued to speak. "I bet this person is somebody you didn't see yourself with but gets you more than anyone else. And if you couldn't be happy going on a date with somebody you found to be perfect, then it means you already care for somebody else."

Darren sighed as the one person came to his mind. "Well, I did feel sad when she found out I was going on a date."

"She found out?" The male asked. "Oh no, you better make it up to her."

"But what if it's too late?" Darren asked.

The man smiled. "If you haven't tried anything yet, then it isn't too late. Go get em, tiger."

Rivals | North Star Boysजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें