Chapter Twenty-Nine: Lexi's Past

It was Friday night. The girls were in the livingroom, Nova, Jade, Leah, and Alex all playing Mario Party with Angel and Rosie watching them. The boys were in the kitchen cooking together, making a group meal for the night.

While helping Regie cook chicken, Oliver felt a burning splash on his neck as he stirred the chicken. Wiping the sting off, he touched his neck only to realize he wasn't wearing his necklace. He remembered he had taken it off at the gym this morning.

"Here Reg." Oliver said, passing the spoon he was stirring with over to Regie. "I'll be right back."

Oliver rushed into his bedroom to notice his room was cleaner than normal. Not that it was messy to begin with, but he remembered Lexi cleaning earlier. He sighed in annoyance when he couldn't find his gym clothes from earlier, which his necklace was in the pocket of his gym shorts.

He looked all around the room but couldn't find them. So he went looking for Lexi, the only girl that wasn't in the livingroom. He looked around the whole house, even asking Tyler and Bae who had seen no sign of her or his stuff.

After searching the whole house, he came back into the kitchen.

"Have you guys seen my gym stuff from this morning?" Oliver asked the boys.

Everyone responded in some kind of no.

"Why?" Kane asked.

"My necklace was in my gym shorts." Oliver muttered before turning towards the livingroom. "Hey girls, where's your precious leader?"

"Lexi?" Angel clarified. "I'm sure she's around here somewhere."

"So you girls haven't seen her lately?" Oliver checked.

All the girls also responded in some kind of no.

"Ugh." Oliver groaned, pulling out his phone.

He found Lexi in his contacts and called her. After much ringing, he got her voicemail.

"UGH!" He groaned louder.

"Dude, is it really that important?" Justin asked.

"Yes." Oliver responded. "It's my stuff. She shouldn't have touched it."

"Are you accusing Lexi of touching your stuff?" Sebastian asked.

"Yes, because she did!" Oliver exclaimed. Oliver's loud complaining got Nova's attention, causing her to pause the game.

"Why did you pause it?" Alex asked.

Ignoring the question, Nova kept her eyes and ears on Oliver, which everyone ended up doing so.

"Lexi was oddly cleaning our room earlier." Oliver explained to the boys, not realizing the girls were listening. "Not that it was messy to begin with, but she was like being really detailed about it. It was kind of weird."

"That sounds like she was nerve cleaning." Rosie told Oli with a snicker. "She cleans intensely when she is nervous."

"What would she have been nervous about?" Leah asked.

None of the girls seemed to know, and of course the guys didn't.

"Whatever." Oliver groaned, still angry. "She needs to show up and tell me where my stuff is. There are fourteen of you and none of you have seen her?!"

Oliver's rage seemed to scare everyone. That's when Nova sighed before speaking.

"She went out." Nova confessed, getting looks from everybody.

"What do you mean she went out?" Jade asked. "She never goes anywhere without telling us, or inviting us."

"Where did she go?" Angel asked a follow-up question.