Chapter Fourteen: Old & New Feelings

It was a beautiful morning, Nova was sitting outside reading her book. Kane got up and headed outside to enjoy the weather too, and try to talk to his crush.

"Hey Nova." Kane muttered. "Do you mind if I sit here?"

Nova shook her head, letting him know it was okay. He took a seat in the empty lawn chair beside her. He kept trying to think of things to say, but also didn't want to bother the female either. He kept opening his mouth to say something but then would close it before the words escaped him. Nova noticed this and snickered.

"Is there something you want to say?" She asked the male, slightly warming up to him.

Kane looked at the female, a bit taken aback that she actually spoke to him first.

"Woah." He said. "Did you just talk to me first?"

Nova snickered, looking back at her book. "Well, yes, I am capable of speech ya know."

"Well of course." Kane said. "But you just don't usually talk to me first."

"You seemed to have something to say." Nova responded, shrugging her shoulders. "I figured I'd give you the attention. If not then I'll go back to my book."

She looked at the male, waiting for a response. He stuttered before speaking.

"Well, I um..." He didn't know what to say.

Nova snickered before standing up. "Come find me when you figure it out."

And with that, Nova walked back inside, somewhat smiling to herself. As she made her way to her room, she saw Sebastian whom made eye contact with her as he walked past her. Growing shy, she wiped the smirk off her face and kept her eyes to the floor as she went back to her room to read.

Sebastian, on the other hand, made his way outside where Kane was still sitting. The older male seemed to be murmuring to himself about something.

"I'm so stupid." He whispered.

"And why do you say that?" Sebastian caught the male as he replaced Nova in the other lawn chair.

"Oh, hey Seb." Kane sighed as he continued to beat himself up inside.

"Remind me why you think you're stupid?"

"Well, you know I like Nova. But everytime I try to talk to her, I always say something stupid which ruins everything."

Sebastian couldn't help but smirk as he remembered Nova's smile. "Well, don't wish yourself out of luck yet."

"What do you mean?" Kane asked.

"I just saw Nova as she came inside and she had the biggest smile on her face."

"It's probably because she thinks I'm a loser."

"I don't think so." Sebastian truly believed. "It seemed more like a blushing smile. I really do think she might be into you dude. Besides, didn't she talk to you first?"

Kane looked at the male, surprised. "How did you know that?"

Sebastian rubbed the back of his neck as he felt embarrassed. "I might have been watching you guys."

"Dude." Kane scoffed. "I already embarrass myself enough in front of her. I don't need you to see me embarrass myself either."

"Sorry, I didn't mean to spy but I was looking for you." Sebastian confessed.

Kane gave the male all of his attention. "Why were you looking for me?"

"There's something I want to tell you." Sebastian couldn't keep himself from smiling as he thought about what it was he wanted to tell his friend.