Chapter Thirty: A Happy Ending

Oliver arrived at the restaurant he assumed Lexi was at for her date. It was around ten minutes away and the most expensive in the area; definitely a place he would take a girl on a date.

He parked his car and got out, rushing into the restaurant. He ignored the hostess and looked around the restaurant, finally finding Lexi sitting across a table from some random guy. They looked to be talking but Oliver could tell Lexi seemed bored. Although she was looking at the male, her attention seemed somewhere else and she didn't even have a smile on her face. He took a deep breath before making his way over. As he got closer, Lexi noticed the male before he could say anything.

"Oliver?" She asked. "What the hell are you doing here?"

"We need to talk." Oliver said.

Lexi scoffed. "Um, I'm kind of on a date."

"Please." Oliver scoffed back. "You look bored out of your mind."

That's when Oliver finally looked at the male she was there with. Just from his look, he looked boring. "I can see why."

"Hey man." The male stood up, getting in Oliver's face. "She told you to leave."

"Actually, she didn't." Oliver fought back. This male may have been slightly taller than him but he wasn't even slightly intimidated. "Those words never came out of her mouth."

"Leave before I make you." The male said, cracking his knuckles.

Oliver looked passed the male at Lexi whose eyes were as wide as a solar system. "This is the kind of guy you're on a date with?"

"You mean someone who is gonna stand up to jerks?" Lexi asked, her eyes narrowing as she found Oliver's comment a bit offensive.

"Yeah." Oliver said. "Because you and I both know you are a strong independent woman who can stand up for yourself."

Lexi's eyes widened. She wasn't expecting such a comment from Oliver. That's when the male stepped in front of Oliver's view.

"I'm not going to ask you again." The male said.

Oliver glared at him. "Why don't we let Lexi decide for herself? If she wants me to leave, I'll leave."

The male glared before sighing angrily. "Fine."

They both turn and look at Lexi. She looked back and forth between the two of them.

"Please, Lexi." Oliver pleaded.

She noticed the unexpected side of the male she had been living with for the last month and took pity on him.

"Fine." Lexi said, throwing her napkin from her lap onto the table. "But we talk outside. You've already made a big enough scene."

"Lexi," The male she was on a date with grabbed her wrist.

She looked down at his grip before pulling away. "I'll be right back."

Lexi motioned for Oliver to leave first and he grinned, sticking his tongue out at the other male.

"Go!" Lexi said, pushing the male away.

The two walked out of the restaurant and took a seat on a bench outside.

"Why must you be so childish?" Lexi groaned as they made their way outside.

"Please." Oliver grinned. "You liked what I did."

Lexi rolled her eyes. "What is so important that you had to come here and ruin my date?"

That's when Oliver felt his heart skip a beat as he grew serious.

"I think there was a misunderstanding." Oliver confessed.