Chapter Twenty-Eight: Lexi's Stress Cleaning

It was Friday afternoon, Lexi was cleaning her and Oliver's room, not because it was messy but because she was nervous. Cleaning was something she did when she was nervous, it calmed her down.

She was intensely cleaning when Oliver walked in, throwing his gym stuff on the bed.

"Hey!" Lexi shouted. "I just made that! Be careful."

"Sorry." Oliver scoffed, only half meaning it.

Oliver noticed the female oddly cleaning their room and thought something might be on her mind. The only thing he could think of was the possible relationships in the house.

"So, did you find out about if any of our friends are dating?" Oliver asked as he sat on the bed.

"Yes, none of them are dating." Lexi groaned. "Why did I have to be the one to find out anyway? Why couldn't you have done it?"

"Well, ya know, being girls and stuff, I thought you guys would be able to express your feelings a lot easier." Oliver explained, a tone in his voice that sounded like he was making up an excuse.

Lexi rolled her eyes. "Well you got your answer. Now leave the room so I can finish cleaning."

Oliver put his hands up as if surrendering and made his way off the bed and out of the room. He did wonder as to why she was cleaning their room, considering it wasn't really messy to begin with, but he knew she wouldn't say anything.

---

Later, while looking for the female, Nova knocks on the door to Lexi and Oliver's bedroom.

"Come in!" Lexi shouted.

Nova walked in to find the female aggressively wiping the top of the dresser.

"I finished filling out the paperwork for our next house." Nova told the female, although she couldn't stop noticing the female's stress cleaning. "Are you okay?"

Lexi looked at the female, letting out a breath of fatigue.

"No, I've been cleaning this room for three hours for literally no reason." Lexi huffed. "It wasn't even dirty to begin with."

"So you're nervous about something." Nova knew her friend like the back of her hand. "Do you want to talk about it?"

Lexi thought for a moment before letting out a breath and throwing her cleaning stuff down. She sat on the bed, Nova sitting beside her.

"I have a date tonight." Lexi confessed.

"Oh my god, really?!" Nova exclaimed. "You haven't been on a date since..."

"Yeah, I know." Lexi sighed. "But I'm tired of letting my ex get under my skin. It's time I truly move on."

Nova smiled. "I'm happy for you, Lex."

"Thanks." Lexi smiled. "You can't tell the others, though!"

"How come?" Nova asked, mostly out of curiosity.

"I don't want them to know unless things work out."

"Of course. That's how you've always been."

Lexi snickered at the female's thoughts of her. It made Nova's eyes water. It had been a long time since she'd heard Lexi truly laugh. Living with NSB has done a number on Lexi's happiness.

"Who is this guy anyway?" Nova asked, referring to Lexi's date tonight. "How did you meet him?"

Lexi shrugged. "Some guy I had tried talking to months ago."

"And he's still willing to go out with you?!" Nova asked. "Wow, this guy must really like you if he's waited for you all this time."

"Hey!" Lexi exclaimed, feeling offended which caused Nova to snicker.

"Don't be so nervous about it." Nova said. "Just be yourself and if it doesn't work out, then it's not meant to be."

Lexi smiled at the female's wise words.

"Thanks Nova." Lexi said, laying her head on the female's shoulder. "I miss being able to talk to you like this."

"What's changed?" Nova said.

Lexi lifted her head and looked at the female. She just smiled before shaking her head. "Nothing."

Lexi then looked at the time to see it was already 4:00.

"Oh my god!" She jumped up. "I have to get ready! And once again, don't tell anybody!"

"My lips are sealed." Nova motioned as if she was zipping her lips.

"Thanks, you're the best." Lexi hugged her friend before running into the bathroom.

Nova just sighed before making her way out of the bedroom. The day went on without a trace. Lexi went out on her date, nobody ever catching her in the act.

~Authors Note~

Hey guys! Sorry this is such a short chapter. It's more like a filler chapter because I already wrote the next chapter but I realized I needed background information on what happens next lol. Anyway! I hope you guys enjoyed still and I will see you soon. Biez!