Chapter Twenty-Four: Worried North Star Boys

The five arrived home from the mall. The whole ride was tense, all because of Kane. Everyone could tell he was in a mood but none of the girls knew why.

Both Kane and Nova headed to their bedroom to put their new stuff away, but Kane arrived first, slamming the door behind him pretty much into Nova's face. She scoffed and pushed the door open.

"What is your problem?!" She shouted.

She may have been quiet and shy but she didn't take jerks lightly, especially when they have been nothing but nice to her until now.

"I don't have a problem." Kane muttered, his tone full of attitude.

"Then stop acting like an ass!" Nova exclaimed. "We were nice enough to let you and Sebastian tag along with us and this is how you act?"

"Oh, is the way I act not good enough for you?" Kane turned, finally looking at the female who he was fighting with. "Am I supposed to compliment your glasses and give you my number for a simple smile?"

Nova's eyes widened as she realized what was going on. But then she grew angry again. "So that's what this is about? How does some stranger give you the right to act like a jerk?"

"BECAUSE HE ACCOMPLISHED THE ONE THING I'VE BEEN TRYING TO ACCOMPLISH FOR A WHOLE MONTH IN A MATTER OF MINUTES!!" Kane's shouting echo bounced off the walls.

Nova's eyes widened. "What are you talking about?"

Kane groaned as he threw his wallet down in anger and turned around.

"You aren't an idiot, Nova." Kane muttered before turning back around. "I know you know what I'm talking about."

"I can't say that I do, Kane." Nova answered honestly.

Kane stared at the female before letting out an angry sigh. "It's obvious I like you. Anyone can see it. Why can't you?"

Nova's eyes widened and her jaw dropped. She wasn't expecting a confession like that. Even if she did suspect it, she refused to accept it, with the rivalry and everything.

"I...I..." Nova froze in her words. She didn't know what to say.

Kane just scoffed before exiting the bedroom, making his way downstairs, and out the front door, it practically shaking the whole house as it slammed shut. Sitting in the front room on his phone, Regie witnessed everything as some of the other housemates came into the room.

"What was that noise?" Oliver asked.

"Kane slammed the door." Regie responded.

"Why?" Rosie asked.

Regie just shrugged before going back to his phone. The boys immediately started to worry, especially Oliver who went to Kane's brother, manager Ty. All the boys tried calling Kane multiple times, but nobody was able to get an answer. The worry ended up causing the boys to have a house meeting.

"Who was with Kane last who might know what happened?" Ty asked the group of boys.

It was quiet, nobody able to answer, until one did.

"I think he might be upset because..." Sebastian hesitated. He was afraid to tell his brother the truth but his friend's safety was more important. "Because somebody flirted with the girl he likes."

"Wait, Kane likes somebody?" Darren asked with a grin.

"What does that have to do with him storming the house?" Oliver asked.

"Because..." Seb took a deep breath. "The girl is Nova."

Oliver's eyes widened.

"Wow." Regie spoke. "Didn't see that coming."