Chapter Nineteen: Ryan's Confession

Angel leaves the room after just confessing to Ryan, feeling her adrenaline rush. Needing to calm down, she runs to the garage. Due to so many emotions, she feels her eyes start to water and eventually tears stream down her face. She paces the garage before pulling out her phone, wanting to talk to somebody. She finds Leah in her contacts and texts her.

Meet me in the garage.

Within seconds, Leah appears in the garage. She sees her best friend pacing and trying to keep herself from crying and runs over, immediately wrapping her in her arms.

"What's wrong?!" Leah asks. "What happened?!"

"I...I..." Angel tries to speak through her sobs.

Leah shushes her and assures her to take deep breaths. Once she was calm again, Angel explained what happened.

"I confessed to Ryan." She said.

Leah's eyes widened. "Well, what did he say?"

"Nothing!" Angel threw her arms up, starting to pace again. "He just sat there and stared at me. I didn't know what to do anymore so I ran out here to calm myself down. But I'm so embarrassed Leah."

Angel fell into her best friend's arms. Leah patted the female's back, trying to calm her down.

"It's okay, it's okay." Leah said. "I'm sure he was just surprised by the confession. And not saying anything is better than a no. And if he doesn't like you well then you won't have to see him ever again after a week and a half."

"But I haven't crushed this hard in so long, Leah." Angel explained. "I really like him."

"I know." Leah sighed, not sure what to say to her friend anymore. "But you are one of the strongest people I have ever met. If he doesn't see what he's missing, then he's not worth it, and I know you know that."

Angel snickered through her tears. "I do, yes. But what am I supposed to do now? How am I supposed to go along living with him after being hurt?"

"Act like he didn't affect you." Leah said. "Don't give him the satisfaction."

Angel nodded and took a deep breath. After a couple more minutes, she had gathered her composure.

"Now come on." Leah said. "Alex and Justin are playing video games again. You know how entertaining that is."

Angel snickered as she definitely understood. The two walked back inside the house and found Alex and Justin in the livingroom playing video games.

---

After a while of sitting in his thoughts and beating himself up, Ryan walked out of his room, looking for Justin only to find him playing video games with Alex and Angel and Leah watching. He immediately turned on his heels and headed back inside his room. Instead, he pulled out his phone and texted Justin.

I need you asap. In my room.

After a couple of minutes, there was a knock on his bedroom door.

"Come in." Ryan called.

The door opened to a nonchalant Justin walking inside.

"What's up?" Justin asked the male.

"Close the door." Ryan said, rubbing his head as he was clearly stressed.

Justin did as he was told. "What is your problem?"

"Angel confessed to me dude." Ryan blurted out, wanting to get it over with.

"Oh wow." Justin's eyes widened and he fell onto the bed, facing the male. "That's a good thing, though. Why do you seem so upset?"

"Because I couldn't bring myself to confess back." Ryan sighed. "And I'm afraid I upset her."

Justin thought back to how Angel was reacting to him and Alex playing video games. "She seems okay to me. But maybe you should talk to her after a while."

"I don't want to wait, though." Ryan confessed. "I want to tell her I like her, I just don't know how."

"Maybe break the ice with a video game." Justin said. "She took my place just now. Maybe you could take Alex's."

"And what about the others?" Ryan asked. "I don't really want them there or else I really won't be able to do it."

"I'll make up some lie to get rid of Alex and Leah." Justin replied.

"Would you really do that?" Ryan pleaded.

"Of course man." Justin smiled as he nodded.

"Thank you so much." Ryan sighed in relief.

Justin nodded once more and the two made their way out of the bedroom. Justin headed into the livingroom first, making up his lie just as the girls finished up a round.

"Hey, Alex, can you help me with something real quick?" Justin got the female's attention.

"Sure." Alex nodded, standing up and following Justin.

"Oh, and Leah, Sebastian's looking for you." He finished.

"Oh, um, okay." Leah got up, heading to her room where she expected Sebastian to be.

Once the three had left, Ryan trudged into the livingroom where Angel set the controller down.

"Mind if I play a round with you?" Ryan mumbled.

Angel looked at the male, not seeing him until now, and her eyes widened. She shook her head to clear her thoughts before answering.

"Yeah, sure." She responded, taking Leah's advice and trying not to show her upset feelings towards him.

Ryan sat down on the couch and grabbed the other controller. They played a quick game and Angel found herself smiling and having fun, even if she was playing with the male that just hurt her a little bit.

Towards the end of the round, Ryan started to lose on purpose as she seemed to have a lot more fun when she was winning. After winning, Angel couldn't help but cheer.

"Ha, yes!" She exclaimed. "I won again!"

The female looked at the male who was staring at her. She froze as her eyes locked with his.

"I like you too, Angel." He suddenly confessed.

Her eyes widened. "What?" She stood up, starting to pace the livingroom. "No, you are just saying that to make me feel better."

"No, I'm not." The male stood up, grabbing her wrist as he stood in front of her. "I do like you, a lot actually."

"Then why didn't you say it before?" Angel asked.

"I tried." Ryan confessed. "But I've never confessed my feelings before so I didn't know how."

"Um try an 'I like you too' next time!" Angel exclaimed.

Ryan snickered. "That's what I just did."

Angel froze as she realized that was what he just did. "Oh, you're right."

"And I'm sorry if I hurt you by not saying it back there." Ryan said.

Angel just gave him a reassuring smile. "It's okay. It's not like you rejected me so I shouldn't have been so upset."

"I understand why you were, though." Ryan said. "But I'm telling you now, I like you."

Angel smiled. "Then can we maybe start-"

"Yes." Ryan said. "Angel, will you be my girlfriend?"

Angel smiled and nodded shyly. "Yes, I would love to be your girlfriend."

Ryan snickered as Angel threw her arms around him, he hesitated but hugged her back, falling into her warm embrace. This was his first relationship but he was hoping he could be a good boyfriend to her.

~Authors Note~

Hey guys! I hope I didn't rush their relationship oops. If I did, I apologize. Anyway! I hope you guys still enjoyed nonetheless and I will see you soon. Biez!