Chapter Twenty-Seven: Honesty

It was the next day, Thursday. Rosie decided not to talk to Leah about her new relationship, or really anyone for that matter. Mostly because Leah wasn't even on her mind anymore, Regie was. She felt her heart skip a beat with him yesterday and she didn't know what to do or how to feel. It even caused her to sleep on the couch that night as she did all she could to avoid him until she figured everything out.

She was laying on the couch on her phone, after just waking up, when Leah walked in. The younger female noticed her older sister wearing the same clothes as she did yesterday.

"Rosie?" Leah got her sister's attention. "Did you sleep on the couch last night?"

Rosie looked at her sister and her mind started to race. Does she tell her what happened with Regie? Or bring up her own relationship with Sebastian? Or does she not say anything at all?

"Um, yeah, I did." Rosie spoke.

Leah snickered. She's been in her sister's shoes many times.

"I know what that's like, falling asleep on the couch." She said. "Kind of embarrassing around here, though."

Rosie snickered with her sister, but not like what she was thinking. Rosie then realized it was best to talk about her problems and get other opinions, and who better to talk to than her own sister.

"Actually, I chose to sleep on the couch." Rosie spoke.

"Oh." Leah grew confused. She made her way from the kitchen where she was cleaning some dishes she used last night and into the livingroom. "Without changing into pajamas? Or at least comfier clothes?"

Rosie was wearing skinny jeans and a silky shirt so it couldn't have been very comfortable in Leah's eyes.

"Yeah, I didn't really want to go into my room." Rosie confessed.

"How come?" Leah asked, taking a seat on the chair across from her sister.

Rosie took a deep breath before speaking. "Regie and I kind of...had a moment yesterday."

Leah's eyes widened and her lips slightly curled into a smile. "What do you mean you had a moment?"

"We might have almost kissed?" Rosie spoke as if she was trying to understand the situation herself.

Leah screeched as she jumped up from the chair. "Are you serious?!"

Rosie snickered at her excited little sister. "I don't know if that's what happened but our lips were very close, yes."

"Oh my god, Rosie!" Leah exclaimed, jumping on the couch beside her sister. "I didn't even know you liked him!"

"That's the thing, Leah." Rosie looked down. "I'm not sure how I feel."

"Oh..." Leah's obvious excitement decreased. "I see..."

Rosie saw how sad her sister was. Secretly knowing her relationship with Sebastian, she can only imagine how happy her sister would be to know she herself liked a North Star Boy.

"But Leah." Rosie grabbed her sister's hand, wanting the comfort. "I didn't like Regie before it happened, or at least I didn't think I did. But then when we were centimeters apart, I felt my heart race and ever since I've been wondering if maybe I do like him."

Leah gave a small smile. "Would you hate me if I told you I wish you liked him?"

Rosie scoffed. "Of course not. I could never hate you, you're my sister. Even if you disagree with me."

"Good." Leah said, scratching the back of her head. "Because I kind of went behind your back and started dating Sebastian."

"I know." Rosie snickered. "And I'm not mad, if that's what you're worried about."