29th of November 2021

"Today I need you to be home at six." Harry informs him as they are heading out.

He didn't wake up to a wrapped gift (only a picture of himself as a five-year-old) so today seems to be about something else and that suits him. He just wants to spend time with his husband. He doesn't really care what they're doing.
"Uhm, yeah, okay. I can make that work."

"Thank you." Harry smiles and gives him a kiss.

"I think I'm the one who should say thank you." Louis chuckles and holds him a bit longer, breathing in Harry's scent, before he lets go.

They take their separate cars and Louis waves goodbye and Harry blows him kisses before they drive off.

Louis spends a productive day in the studio but cuts it short so he can get home in time, curious to find out what Harry has planned for the evening. Knowing him it could be anything.

Harry is already at home when he arrives.
"Honey, do I have to change clothes?" Louis shouts from the hallway.

Harry enters the room and gives him a once-over.
"No, that's perfect."

Louis looks down at his tracksuit.
"Alright."

They take his car since he's parked behind Harry's car. Harry lets him drive and guides him through London. They stop in an alley.
"Are you kidnapping me or something?" Louis jokes with a smirk.

"No." Harry giggles.

Since Harry is getting out of the car Louis gets out too and locks it. Harry walks up to a door and knocks. A minute later an older Japanese man opens it with a big smile.
"The Tomlinsons? Welcome!"

Harry bows with his hands folded on his chest so Louis immediately does the same. He doesn't want to come off as disrespectful.
"Thank you Mr. Sato for doing this for us." Harry smiles.

Louis has no idea what this Mr. Sato is about to do for them. He hopes it isn't something dirty.

They follow Mr. Sato inside and Louis soon realizes that they're in a sushi restaurant. They're eating out again? Lovely. He's starting to get hungry.

Mr. Sato shows them to a table filled with different sushi ingredients. Harry turns to him.
"Mr. Sato is gonna teach us how to make sushi!" He says excitedly.

Louis chuckles in amusement. Even his fans know what a disaster he is in the kitchen. It's a standing joke in the fandom.
"Alright, I'm up for a challenge."

"Really? I hesitated. I know cooking isn't your ehm, strongest side, but this is just rolling and putting stuff on rice. You're gonna do amazing." Harry smiles.

"And you're sweet. Totally delusional, but sweet." Louis laughs.

"Gloves on!" Mr. Satu says.

They pick up the gloves and put them on. Louis leans in so only Harry will hear him.
"Do you have some secret fantasy of walking in while I lay on the dining room table covering my dick and nipples with sushi?"

Harry lets out a surprised snort before he throws his head back in a loud cackle.
"No!"

They're both giggling like teenagers while Mr. Sato instructs them how to make sushi rolls. Louis tries his best to spread the rice even but it's sticky and it's fucking rice! He looks over at Harry's attempt and of course his looks perfect on the first try.

They add wasabi and then it's time to choose what ingredients to put inside. Harry goes for a classic Spicy tuna roll but Louis wants his to be extra. Mr. Sato has a menu on the table so he looks at it and grins when he sees something called Rainbow rolls. How perfect isn't that?

He covers the rice bed with imitation crab, avocado, cucumber, tuna, salmon, shrimp, and yellowtail. The more the merrier, right? He ignores Mr. Sato's protests and starts to roll the damn thing, using water at the end to make it stick.

It's bumpy and it barely holds it together but he made sushi for crying out loud. He looks at Harry's roll, which, of course, no surprise there, is perfectly shaped.
"And now you cut them into pieces. Be careful with the knife. It's very sharp." Mr. Sato says.

Harry cuts his roll into neat pieces. Louis picks up the knife, realizes that he put it the wrong way as usual, and turns it secretly but from the sound of Harry giggling he has been caught. He rolls his eyes at him before he tries to cut his roll. It falls into pieces and he lets put a bunch of swearing words. Harry's giggles turn into a laugh.
"I tried!" Louis complains.

"I'm sure it will taste the same." Harry tries to comfort.

They sit down to eat. Mr. Satu leaves them after making sure that they have enough sushi to last them a lifetime. Harry tries one of his messed-up ones, spilling ingredients all over the table, and they both laugh.
"Thanks for this. I had fun and now you can make us sushi at home." Louis smiles.

"And so can you." Harry grins.

"Well..." They burst out laughing again.