14th of December 2021

Harry lets the dogs out at eight and returns to bed. They wake up at eleven. Harry makes them brunch and in the meantime, Louis makes sure that Bruce and Clifford get to go out before he gives them food. He orders the last of the Christmas presents thereafter, while he keeps Harry company in the kitchen. He might have thrown in a couple of more gifts to Harry as well. After this pre-birthday celebration, he deserves a ton of presents.

They eat in front of the tv. Neither of them has gotten dressed yet and is just chilling in their robes. They watch another Christmas movie and when it's finished Harry gets up and extends a hand to Louis and pulls him up from the couch.
"We're gonna do some baking. Christmas cookies!"

Louis grunts.
"Because you used to work in a bakery?" He teases.

Harry giggles.
"Of course! And because it's Christmas time and I love the smell of gingerbread and saffron. Come on! It will be fun."

They do this every year whenever they have time for it. Harry bakes and Louis mostly eats the cookie dough and licks the bowl. Yep, he's a bowl licker.

This year isn't any different. They listen to Christmas music and sing along. Somewhere in between, they end up having a flour fight that Louis obviously starts. He ducks behind the kitchen island after throwing a handful of flour in Harry's face. As soon as he peeks over the edge Harry throws two handfuls of flour on him. They both giggle.

The kitchen is a mess. The floor is covered in flour and so are they. Bruce and Clifford are jumping around, barking happily. Then Louis manages to snatch an egg from the carton and crack it on Harry's head. Harry squeals and immediately picks up an egg as well. He chases Louis around in the kitchen and when he catches him he makes sure to crack the egg on his head as well. When Louis grabs the whole bag of flour he surrenders.
"I give up!"

Louis grins but he puts the flour on the counter and wraps his arms around his husband and kisses him. They burst out laughing when the mixture of egg and flour gets in their mouths.

They put the cookies in the oven and clean up their mess. As soon as the cookies are done they head to the shower.

Apparently, this is a day when they won't get out of their robes. After the shower, they throw a new robe on (which isn't covered in egg and flour). Harry brings a tray with cookies and milk to the living room. On top of the cookies, Louis sees a picture of himself and looks at it. He's twenty and sitting in his bunkbed on their tour bus.
"I have never seen this photo before."

"I took it." Harry smiles.

"It's a great picture." Louis compliments.

"It's a great motive." Harry grins.

He gets a kiss for that. Louis grabs a blanket and wraps it over their legs. The Christmas tree is lighted and a fire is lit in the fireplace. They feed each other cookies and watch a Christmas movie.

Harry makes a lovely risotto for dinner while Louis adds the latest pictures to the scrapbook album. They eat in front of the tv.

They take the dogs out for a longer walk, still in their robes but they at least put some sweats on. Louis loves days like these, when they're just having a quiet one at home.