9th of December 2021

They wake up with a slight hangover but a couple of painkillers fix that. Harry has booked them couples spa treatments during the day and they spend a couple of hours getting massages and mud facials. Louis feels really relaxed and pampered. They eat lunch in their room, Harry hands Louis a picture of himself as a fifteen-year-old and then Harry grabs the car keys.
"I thought we could go and visit my mum today."

"Of course. I'd love to." Louis smiles.

They get to the car and Louis is behind the wheels this time, taking the two-hour drive to Holmes Chapel. Anne is expecting them and welcomes them with open arms. Gemma is there too. Louis and Harry hug them both. They haven't seen Harry's family in a couple of weeks, not since they came to one of Harry's shows.

They sit down in the kitchen with a cup of tea. Louis brags about his amazing husband and how thoughtful and eventful he is with his pre-thirty celebration.
"Oh, we know. He hasn't shut up about it for months. I even gave him an idea or two." Gemma chuckles.

They stay for dinner and when they have eaten and cleared the table Anne makes coffee. Gemma takes out a game, Jelly bean Boozled.
"How about it Tomlinson? Are you a coward?" She smirks.

"Count me in!" Louis grins.

Harry is more hesitant.
"Come on! How bad can it be?" Louis says.

"I imagine really bad. You haven't done Spill your guts or fill your guts with James." Harry chuckles.

He decides to play anyway. The game is simple. They spin an arrow and have to eat the color of the bean that it lands on. It can either be something sweet or something really disgusting. Harry starts. He flips the arrow and it lands on a brown bean.
"So either chocolate pudding or canned dog food? Let's see."

He chooses a brown bean and puts it in his mouth and starts to chew.
"Definitely dog food."

Louis and Gemma burst out laughing. Harry swallows it and drinks some water. He makes a face.
"That was awful."

Gemma is next in line and spins the arrow. It stops on a green bean.
"So let's see. Juicy pear or booger."

Harry and Louis look at her in anticipation as she chooses a green bean and puts it in her mouth. She smiles.
"Mmmm, juicy pear."

"Not fair!" Harry pouts.

It's Louis' turn so he spins the arrow. He looks at the bean it stops at.
"Peach or barf. Interesting."

He has a cocky smile on display when he puts the jelly bean in his mouth and begins to chew. His facial expression changes to utter disgust and he rushes to the sink and spits out the candy.
"Fuck! No, damn it! Gross!" He manages to get out while he almost throws up, hurling over the sink.

Gemma is laughing so hard that she's crying. Harry cackles loudly and even Anne can't keep it together. Louis returns to the table.
"Are you okay?" Harry asks with an amused smile.

"That really tasted like puke." Louis says.

They play a couple of more rounds but when Louis gets a bean that tastes like rotten eggs he forfeits. It's getting late so they say goodbye and head back to Doncaster.