4th of December 2021

Louis spends the whole day in the studio and it's a little past seven before he finally gets in his car to drive home. He loves making a new album but he wants it to be done so he can spend some free, quality time with Harry without having obligations.

The smell of food hits him as soon as he steps inside the house.
"Honey! I'm home." He shouts as he takes off his winter coat.

Harry emerges from the kitchen dressed in an apron. He walks up to him and kisses him.
"Welcome home. I missed you." Harry smiles.

"I missed you too. What are you making?" Louis asks.

"It's a surprise." Harry smiles.

Louis follows him into the kitchen. There seems to be a lot going on. Several pots are on the stove and something is cooking in the oven. He glances toward the dining room to find it set with their finest china and candlelights. Soft classical piano music is playing in the background.
"I'm making you a three-meal course." Harry says and returns to the stove.

Louis peaks over his shoulder to try and figure out what he's cooking.
"Amazing. Thanks, love."

"Can you pour us a glass of wine?" Harry wonders while he stirs the sauce.

"Of course. Red or white?" Louis asks and walks over to their wine shelf.

"Red." Harry says.

He looks through the selection and picks a good one. He finds a corkscrew and opens the bottle and puts it on the counter while he collects two wine glasses. Since he's not a wine guy he doesn't care about airing the wine or shit like that. He just pours them a glass each and gives Harry his glass.
"Great choice." Harry smiles as he swallows a sip of wine.

Five minutes later he announces that dinner's ready. Louis takes a seat in the dining room and Harry brings the starters, a cheese soufflé. Louis smiles and picks up a spoon and breaks the crust. He puts a spoonful in his mouth and lets out a humming sound of approval. Harry looks happy.
"It's awesome. I will never understand how you manage to make stuff like this."

Harry looks even happier.
"I could teach you."

Louis laughs.
"We both know that's a waste of time."

When they have finished the soufflé Harry gets the main course, lamb chops with mustard-thyme sauce and fingerling potatoes with carrots and green beans.
"Wow! You really went all in." Louis says with a delighted smile.

"I just hope that the lamb isn't dry." Harry replies with a worried frown.

Louis takes his hand.
"Hey, don't do that. It's perfect. I know it is. Stop second-guessing yourself. I love it. I really appreciate this whole dinner that you put so much effort into making. You are incredible!"

Harry smiles happily. Louis cuts the lamb and takes a bite. He nods his head in approval and Harry looks relieved. They small talk throughout the meal and when their plates are empty Harry gets the dessert, something chocolate with fresh strawberries and whipped cream. It melts on the tongue.

After a wonderful dinner, Louis helps to clean up before he wraps his arms around his wonderful husband and kisses him tenderly.
"Thank you for that amazing dinner. You're the best. I love you."

"I love you too." Harry smiles.

He hands him the picture of the day as they take a seat on the couch. Louis smiles when he sees a ten-year-old him. He gets the album and puts it in before they watch another Christmas movie.