2nd of December 2021

The tree arrives the next morning and they put it in place before they headed off to their studios. Louis does background vocals most of the day before he heads back home at five.

Harry parks next to him as he's getting out of the car. He waits for him to get out of the car and Harry gives him a quick kiss and takes his hand as they walk toward the house. 

Harry starts with dinner as soon as they're inside and Louis keeps him company.
"Are you almost finished with the album?"

"Yeah. I've chosen the songs I want to put on it and now we're just recording them. We should be done in a couple of days. You?" Harry answers.

"Same." Louis smiles.

They sit down to eat as soon as the dinner is ready and talk about how they will celebrate Christmas this year. They always go between their families but alter which one to visit first. The next topic is Christmas presents. Harry has a list he marks whenever they found a suitable gift for someone. They're almost done with their Christmas shopping, thanks to Harry.
"I don't know what we should give Gemma this year?  A weekend in Paris?" He suggests.

"We sent her to Rome last year. Maybe something else than a trip this time?" Louis answers.

"Yeah, that's right. We'll have to think about that one. The twins?" Harry wonders.

"The older or younger ones?" Louis asks.

"Ernie and Doris. We're giving Daisy and Phoebe everything from my new makeup collection." Harry reminds him.

"They're gonna love that. How about one of those cool tree houses?" Louis suggests.

"What cool tree houses?" Harry questions.

Louis grabs his phone and googles tree houses and finds a page that sells complete sets and they even come to set it up. Harry agrees so they choose a nice one and place an order. Harry puts a mark beside Ernie and Doris on his list.

They clear the table and head to the living room. Harry opens the box with Christmas tree ornaments. Louis puts on some Christmas music and they decorate the tree while singing along.

Harry's Christmas mania also includes the tree and they have two full boxes of ornaments and glitter and lights so it takes them a while to put everything up. It doesn't help that they picked the biggest tree on the market either. Louis has to cut the top off to make room for the star on top. They take a step back to admire their creation.
"Perfect." Louis smiles.

"Almost. There's one thing missing." Harry says and disappears upstairs.

He returns with a gift in his hands and hands it over to Louis. There's a picture of him as an eight-year-old on top.
"Happy pre-thirty honey."

"Thank you." Louis smiles and opens it.

He peeks inside the box and sees a big Christmas ornament so he picks it up carefully. A delighted smile spreads over his face when he looks at it properly. It's a picture of him and Harry inside it. A recent one that they took backstage at one of Harry's shows in the states. They're both smiling with their heads close together. Harry & Louis 2021  is engraved in gold on the ornament as well.
"Beautiful!" Louis smiles.

"Yeah? What do you think? Does it have a place in our tree?" Harry asks.

Louis removes an ornament in the middle up front and hangs it there for everyone to see. Harry comes up behind him and wraps his arms around him and rests his chin on his shoulder. They just stand there and look at their Christmas tree for a moment. Then Harry goes into the kitchen to make them some hot cocoa with marshmallows and they sit down in the living room to put the last two photos in the scrapbook album. There's a fire in the fireplace, the lights on the Christmas tree are on and the Christmas music is still playing in the background.