5th of December 2021

"We're going somewhere tonight at seven." Harry says cryptically as they're clearing the table after breakfast.

"Give me a hint." Louis smiles.

"You need warm clothes and a good balance." Harry giggles.

Louis taps a finger over his lips and hums.
"Are we gonna wrestle Bigfoot? Climb the Mount Everest?"

Harry's shoulders are shaking from his giggles. Louis has to kiss him for being so cute. They spend five minutes in the kitchen making out before they have to get going.

He lays the last tune on a song and then they listen to the whole album from beginning to end. His studio engineer pops a bottle of Champagne and they toast for a work well done and the fact that his second album is finally finished.

He sends Harry a text to let him know that the album is done. Harry responds within minutes and tells him that his album will be ready as well.
"Brian! I need a copy to take home." Louis says and his studio engineer smiles and gets right to it. Louis is beyond excited to let Harry hear the songs he has written for his new album and equally excited to hear Harry's.

He heads home early and he is the first one to arrive. He decides to surprise Harry with dinner, which means that he orders something fancy and pays extra for having it delivered. Harry shows up an hour later and throws himself in Louis' arms and Louis hugs him tightly.
"Hi, baby. Congratulations on the new album."

"Same, sweetie. I brought a copy." Harry mumbles against his neck.

"So did I." Louis replies.

"I can't wait to hear it but later? After dinner and that thing we're doing." Harry suggests and gets out of his embrace.

"We have a plan." Louis smiles.

"What do you want for dinner?" Harry asks.

"I made dinner this time." Louis smirks.

Harry looks a little worried.
"Relax. I ordered it. It should be here soon." Louis chuckles. He doesn't get offended. He's well aware that he's a total disaster in the kitchen.

"That's great! I'm dying to hear your album Lou, but I want to give it my full attention so I guess we wait until we get home. Oh, wait. Picture of the day." Harry smiles and goes upstairs to get it.

The phone for the gate buzzes and Louis goes out to fetch the food. He brings it to the kitchen and gets some plates. Harry walks inside and hands him a picture of himself at age eleven. Louis puts it on the counter after he looked at it and continues to fill their plates. They sit down by the kitchen table to eat. They rarely use their dining room. Only when they invite people over for dinner parties, or yesterday when Harry went all in.

The food is amazing and they talk about what they want to do in the next couple of weeks when they finally have some time off.
"Well, the day after tomorrow I need you to pack a bag. We're going somewhere for a couple of days." Harry smiles.

"We are? I guess you won't tell me where we're going?" Louis chuckles.

"Nope, and I've talked to El. She's fine with keeping the dogs a while longer." Harry says.

"Alright." Louis agrees.

They clear the table together after they've finished eating. Louis gets the scrapbook album and attaches the latest picture of him as an eleven-year-old. Harry glances at the clock.
"We should get going. I'm just gonna make some hot chocolate."

Louis doesn't even question it. Apparently the secret event needs hot chocolate.
"Full winter outfit." Harry smiles and kisses the tip of Louis' nose before he heads to the kitchen.

Louis goes to the hallway closet and takes out their coveralls and matching-down jackets. He finds scarves, hats, and gloves as well. Harry said full winter outfit. Harry walks out of the kitchen with a picnic basket in his hand. They get dressed. Harry finds some knitted socks as well and grabs them. They head out to the car.

They aren't going far. Ten minutes later Harry parks the car outside a school.
"Okay, now I'm hella confused." Louis laughs.

Harry just grins and gets out of the car. He opens the back door and takes the picnic basket and a blanket. Louis gets out too and starts to walk toward the school but Harry opens the trunk and gets something else. Louis comes closer and Harry hands him his ice skates. They bought them years ago but haven't really used them.
"We're going ice skating?" Louis asks the obvious.

"Yep." Harry grins. He locks the car and starts to walk around the school. He's a little nervous to find the ice rink crowded but fortunately they're alone.

They put their skates on and get out on the ice. It has been years since they last skated so they hold hands for support. They're both giggling like crazy but after a while, they get a hang of it but they don't let go of each other's hands. They skate for an hour before they give up since their feet are killing them.

They take off their skates and Harry pours them two cups of hot chocolate.
"This was a great idea. We should do stuff like this more often Hazza, not just because it's my birthday soon."

"Yeah." Harry smiles and blows on the chocolate to cool it a little. He hesitates briefly but adds "Someday we can do it around people, like, in an arcade or something without having to rent the whole thing to ourselves."

"I'm looking forward to that." Louis smiles, sounding a little sad. Harry understands. He caresses Louis' cheek and blows him a kiss.

They finish their chocolate and head back to the car. As soon as they're home and out of their winter clothes they get their albums and sit down in their music room.
"You go first." Harry says.

"Are you sure? I wanna hear your album." Louis protests.

"And you will but you'll have to let me hear your first." Harry says.

"Alright." Louis gets up and puts the cd in the player. He grabs the remote and takes a seat again next to Harry.
"Ready?"

"Yeah, but first I want to tell you how proud I am of you and that I'm gonna love it." Harry says.

"Just listen to the damn thing first Haz. You might change your mind." Louis teases.

"Never." Harry states firmly.

Louis press play on the first song. They're about to have an amazing and very emotional musical journey. Harry listens to every song, soaks them in, hears the lyrics. He cries a little. When the album is done he hugs his husband tightly.
"It's amazing. I love it. Thank you."

Then they listen to Harry's album and Louis has the same reaction.