16th of December 2021

A picture of him at age 22 is the first thing he sees when he opens his eyes in the morning. It's next to one of him and Harry when he was 21 that Harry gave him last night.
"Good morning." Harry mumbles.

Louis feels a rush of happiness coming over him and he giggles and hugs his husband from behind, pressing feather-light kisses over his neck and shoulders.
"Good morning, love."

"You're in a good mood." Harry comments.

"I'm happy." Louis says. He's feeling a little emotional about it.

Harry turns around and looks at him. He reaches out a hand and caresses his cheek softly.
"Yeah?"

"Yeah." Louis breathes out and smiles.

"So am I." Harry says softly.

That's when Clifford and Bruce jump up on the bed and want to join them. They laugh and pet them. Louis gets up to let them outside and Harry makes breakfast in the meantime.

They sit down to eat.
"So, we have somewhere to be at two." Harry informs him while he spreads marmalade on his toast.

"Alright. Dress code?" Louis smiles.

"No. We should take the dogs out on a long walk before we go." Harry says.

They clear the table and get dressed before they take Clifford and Bruce on a long walk in the woods. Two hours later they head back home and feed the dogs and eat some leftovers for lunch. Harry grabs the car keys and they head out.

Harry drives them to a movie theater. Louis smiles. He knows that Harry had to book the whole thing for them to be able to see a movie together in a cinema but they're used to it.

They get inside without being seen and Louis stops in his tracks when he sees that they're not alone.
"Guys!"

He hugs all three of them.
"Harry invited us." Niall says.

"Yeah, we're heading home later today but we can squeeze in a movie." Liam smiles.

Louis looks at Zayn.
"I'm glad you decided to show up too."

Zayn smiles.
"Thanks. I really missed you guys."

"Aaaaw. Missed you too Zaynie. Group hug!" Niall yells and pulls them all in.

They all laugh and hug it out before they go to buy some popcorn and soft drinks and head inside the saloon. They take a seat in the middle of the same row.
"So what are we watching?" Liam asks.

"A classic! Home alone." Harry informs them with a grin.

"Great!" Niall says with his mouth full of popcorn.

The movie starts and they all wolf whistle. Louis turns to Harry.
"Thanks for this."

"You're welcome." Harry smiles.

Louis leans in to kiss him, intending to make it quick and sweet but they have a thing about making out in movie theaters. Soon tongue is involved. Someone throws popcorn at them so they break loose and look over at the guys.
"I can't believe you still can't keep it in your pants. Nothing has changed." Zayn smirks.

"Hey, everything is still tucked in our pants. Thank you very much." Louis says sassily.

Everyone burst out laughing. When they calm down Zayn speaks up again.
"Seriously, I'm really happy to see that you two are still going strong. You didn't let it break you."

"Oh, it broke us a couple of times but we somehow managed to find our way back to each other." Harry says and takes Louis' hand.

"We're good now." Louis smiles with a side glance at his husband who nods his head.

"I'm glad. Something is like it's supposed to be." Zayn smiles.

They watch the rest of the movie, laughing at Kevin protecting his home. When the movie is done they get up and hug once more before they go their separate ways.