49. Ian's Epilogue

Edit/Re-Written: July 13, 2022

     A Knight W/ Shining Eyes: Chapter Forty-Nine; Ian's Epilogue

Warnings: none.

_ Three (3) Years Later _

IANS POV____

     I suck in a sharp breath, cradling my stomach at the sudden movement. Within a second, Lev is behind me, bushy eyebrows pinched in concern and distress as he knows nothing more than to release comforting Alpha pheromones. It almost makes me want to laugh because it could've worked if I wasn't currently in distress by the sensations I felt. It's new, but I know what it is almost immediately; the baby kicking.

     "What's wrong? Where does it hurt?" He questions in one breath and the worry in his tone has me bubbling with laughter.

     When it passes I let out a soft sigh and straighten myself, gripping his face softly so that he's focusing on me. "I'm fine, the baby just kicked and I didn't expect it."

     Confusion fills his gaze for a second, "Kicked?"

     Without any further explanation I reach forward and grab one of his hands, placing it over the front under-belly of my stomach. Even with the pregnancy I haven't gained much weight, only a tiny bump being the only evidence of my pregnancy. It's been the envy of many pack Omegas and Betas, who teasingly curse at me when their stomachs are (or were) big and round. Lev's hand twitches over my skin and it has me snorting, "It's okay, you're not hurting me and you're not hurting the pup, I promise."

     I'm currently in my fourth month of pregnancy and have been warned that butterfly kicks were to be expected. Another kick, Lev's hands twitch and he gasps - eyes large and wide as they snap up to meet mine. "That was-"

     "Mhm!" I easily confirm, too excited to not interrupt him. "That's our pup."

     He looks lost for words for a second and that doesn't surprise me. We weren't planning on getting pregnant, starting a family was something we wanted to wait for. . .for later- when Luke could officially retire and Lev could start his own business rather than having to rely on a company for jobs. But before we knew it, three years had passed and we realized that we're comfortable where we are.

     I'm still doing the pack "Luna" tasks, and in doing so it opened up doors for me to train the new fighters and the children interested in certain things such as art or creative writing. Our pack had long since made a deal with my parents pack that, since they're much larger, they can train the pack members for more aspects of fighting like sel-f defense and strategic attacks.

     It isn't terrible. Since the cancellation of the Council, the packs in the Forest of Morn have been more amicable towards each other. But there are still other supernatural creatures; rouges, monsters, and (not supernatural) humans who continue to threaten and disturb the peace within the hidden forest. Still, a child came as a surprise. However, weeks after Lev and Luke's rut came, my scent changed. It wasn't something that I noticed but they continued commenting on how much sweeter it was -

     Some part of me is sure they thought it was my pre-heat, or even my full seat, but when they found me watching re-runs of Shadow Hunters with Neal instead of nesting like I usually would during that period, they took (read: forced) me to see the pack doctor because they were worried. Kudos to Neal, he had tried to tell them on the way that I hate Pack doctors but my mates didn't know of his intuition - of his abilities - so they regretfully ignored his warning. Regretfully because I glared at them after the whole ordeal, hating being poked at.