2. A Thankful Thought

Edit/Re-Written: May 31, 2022.

     A Knight W/ Shining Eyes: Chapter Two; A Thankful Thought

Warning: mentions of drug use (non-consensual), mentions of self-harm and past abuse.

     Neal shifts on the bed, a low groan escaping him as he burrowes his face deeper into his pillow. It's comfortable and that makes his eyes snap open. Ever since living with Ian comfort didn't come easy, there was no room for him. More often than not he would sleep on the couch, except during his friends' heat's. Omegas tended to be possessive and needy during them, so he was often dragged into nests during those days.

     He forces himself to remember what happened the night before as he rubs a hand over his face, cleaning the mess out of his eyes and around his mouth before trying to comb back his tangled hair. With a wince he gives up on that task, instead letting his eyes wander around the room. They snap down onto a figure at the edge of the bed, body hidden with the silk blankets resting over his shoulders.

     Eric. Neal sits upwards and lends forward onto his elbows, studying the man. His dark hair reached down to his jaw, long and silky, and the highlights that decorated it shines with the sunlight that streams through the room windows. That same sunlight streams down his cheekbones, decorating his skin, and overall enhancing how attractive the other was. He could even count how many eyelashes Eric had as they rested gently on his skin. He didn't though, because that would be creepy. Instead he looks around, finding the room bare. Where was Ian?

     With one final glance to Eric he steps off the bed, freezing when the others breath falters just slightly. Shit-

     "You should go back to sleep, you're not fully rested yet." Eric's deep morning voice echoes against the bed and even without looking at him Neal can tell the other is staring at him with those searching golden eyes.

     He shrugs at the statement, looking over to meet the others' gaze. "What does that mean? It's not like I got hurt."

     Eric shifts, a low groan escaping him as he leans on his elbow, tilting his head slightly as he stares at Neal. It's an intense stare, enough to send shudders of anticipation down his spine. It was obvious that they had great chemistry, especially when something as simple as a stare made Neal want to shove the other against the bed. But it was new. And he didn't know how to express it. The words throb at the end of his tongue, wanting to be voiced out but he just finds himself clenching his hands on the sheets of the bed, resisting the urge to press his lips against Eric's.

     He wants to kiss him again.

     "True, but I want to make sure the dosage I gave you completely wears off. We wouldn't want you making stupid decisions." The other states with a smirk. The words take a second to process but when they are Neal finds himself gasping. There's no way-

     "You gave me GHB?" Neal asks in disbelief, grunting when a teasing shimmer enters Eric's eyes. It really doesn't come as a surprise, but he doesn't register any pain, or notice any new marks on him. While GHB could be used for dangerous activities there were no signs that suggested that Eric had done something to him, just that it had been used to knock him out.

     "I'd never lie to you, Neal." Is the only response he gets, a definitive yes. Neal doesn't pay attention to how serious the other is with the statement, deciding to ignore it for another question.

     "Where's my friend?" He asks, staring into the others gaze, wanting to see if there was tell for lying. In any other situation he would've looked for other things to use against him, people liked to call it blackmailing, but not Neal. For him it was just negotiating. Getting people to do what one wanted because they were scared, embarrassed, ashamed, was easy. But it wasn't when the person he wanted to negotiate with made his chest tighten with the emotion of fear - an emotion he hated, a vulnerable emotion.