41. The End of a War

Edit/Re-Written: June 28, 2022

     A Knight W/ Shining Eyes: Chapter Forty-One; The End Of A War

Warnings: none.

IANS POV____

     If there is one word I can use to describe being a Luna, it would be get me the hell out of here. Which are a number of words, but that's not important. What is important is that the Pack loves me, they seem to adore me for some odd reason and I often find myself being pulled in 30+ different directions despite having my own tasks to complete.

     It'd been two weeks since I had told the twins that I wanted them to give me Luna tasks and, even though I want to say that I regret that issue, I really don't.

     "Luna~! LUNA~!!" I blink, looking up from the papers in my hand towards the noise. Currently, I'm on my third task of the day, looking through the finances and papers which addressed roles, household utilities, deliveries, and requests. Because the pack members all provide a certain amount of their pay check to the Pack - for certain emergencies, and obviously the pack bills, they were allowed to request certain household items which would be purchased by the same money. As potential Luna, it was my task and job to go through the requests and separate them.

     Some members really want a trampoline to jump on it in their wolf form, for example. That request, without hesitation, goes into the "least important" pile in my hold.

     When I look up, my eyes meet with 6 pairs of beady eyes. The pack pups. Humming, I kneel in front of the cluster of children.

     "How can I help you, cuties?" There's a sudden wave of giggles and groans coming from the pups at the name, some like being called 'cuties', while others want to appear manly - macho, and always try to convince me to call them something else. They would never be able to convince me though because they're cuties.

     "We were wondering if you can accompany us to the flower valley?"

     Another pup pips in, "We wanna give you flowers but don't know which ones you like!"

      Ah, that makes sense. "Did you ask Alpha Luke if you can pull out flowers?"

     Their excitement drains instantly. Luke, alongside his usual Alpha duties, also makes sure that anything relating to earth was mostly left untouched and unharmed. Even when there's nothing wrong with plucking some flowers from the valley, it's always fun scaring them.

     "Ask me what?" Perfect timing, the pups whine as I stand up, automatically leaning back against Luke. He grins down at me, already knowing what the pups wanted. Giving them time to process their request again, Luke turns his attention to me - leaning down to peck my lips. "Hey, Angel."

     "Hi," I grin, invoking another chorus of whines from the watching pups.

     "That's gross—"

     "Didn't you want to ask Alpha Luke something?" I cut off quickly, knowing that they'd never let us pecking in public go. The bravest pup of the bunch, who also happens to be the youngest, steps forward with a flip of her hair.

     "Yeah!" She points an accusing finger at Luke, "Please let us pluck flowers for our Luna!"

     At the request, Luke pouts, resting his chin on my shoulder as he gazes down at the cluster of pups. "What about me? Don't I get any flowers?"

     "No," I quickly chim in, smugly, "I'm their favorite." The pups agree with me and that makes Luke frown comically. Letting out a heavy sigh, the pups whine at him again - practically begging him with their large beady eyes.