25. Meet the Family?

Edit/Re-Written: June 15, 2022  

     A Knight W/ Shining Eyes: Chapter Twenty-Five; meet the family?

Warnings: none

(yes, again okay) IANS POV____

     With a sniffle, I dig my hands into Shanes shoulders as he hugs me tightly to his chest. Diesel had already said his goodbyes to me, engulfing me for a good hour or so before finally sighing heavily and releasing me reluctantly, but Shane is still the more possessive and overprotective father. Through the Link I tell him that I'll be fine, it simply makes him hug me just a bit tighter than before.

     When we finally pull away he caresses my cheek and whispers, "Remember, don't run away, you aren't under anyone's rules or control."

     With a nod I let him know that I'll try to keep it in mind because even when I try, doing what he's suggesting is a lot harder. It's what came with growing up in a stereotypical pack. Yes, the Alphas loved me but the rest of the pack threatened me with no-end in sight. I was bullied, humiliated, and traumatized about the worth of Omegas. Turning over to my mates, Shanes eyes narrow as he finally releases me from his hold. "Don't harm him and don't let harm come to him. I will hunt you down if something happens." He threatens and it makes me roll my eyes at him.

     "I can take care of myself." I grumble while crossing my arms over my chest.

     Shane smirks as he turns back over to face me. "I know you can, but now they also have to handle your dangerous streak."

     "Dangerous? Me?" I say, an innocent smile playing on my lips. Shanes smirk widens, and even though it's wide, it lets me know that it's already time to go. With a gulp, I send him the best smile I can muster. "I'll see you in three weeks."

__

     I fidget as nerves slowly start to consume me. I had said my goodbyes, and now I'm facing the hardest part; the crossing of the border. It isn't like I haven't done it before, I ran away from my pack as a teen. But I had been dragged back and I found love in the reunion from a family I thought would do better off without me. And now I - I don't want to leave again.

     My stomach churns as I dig my nails into the sides of my torso, maybe - maybe I'm not ready for this. Looking up through my bangs, my eyes catch onto those of my mates. They're waiting patiently on their side of the border, Lev having his hands tucked into his front pockets while his brother has just his hands hooked in them. But other than that, they look as patient as ever.

     "Angel," My head snaps up as Luke addresses me, "Three weeks and you'll be able to come back and visit them again." He explains as though I don't already know. But the reaffirmation makes me nod and bite down on my bottom lip harshly - get a hold of yourself, Mark.

     Without any further hesitation, I pass the border, my body tingling as every nerve in my body tells me to go back to where I belong. There's a sudden rush of air and it works to make me dizzy - threatening to knock me off of my feet. Before my knees can buckle though, there's a pair of strong arms wrapping around me. Looking up I find Lukes hands gripping my chest and Lev holding onto my waist.

     "Are you alright, Princess?" Lev asks.

     "Yeah." I respond with a frantic nod, his hands traveling up until he cups my face with his hands. "We know that everyone cares for you deeply and trust us when I tell you that we won't let any harm come to you." He states, eyes searching mine until I finally nod my head.