14. "Pure" Anger

Edit/Re-Written: June 7, 2022

     A Knight W/ Shining Eyes: Chapter Fourteen; "Pure" Anger

Warnings: Fight scene.

Fluctuating 3rd POV

     Following Ian and Diesel, Neal is led to a small arena in the middle of the pack land. It's a clearly defined area, boulders and other large rocks placed in a form of a circle with the dirt in it cleared of any gravel. Excitement courses through him, it had been a while since he had fought another person. And more than that, he wants to prove himself to this pack of wolves who seem too cocky for their own good. There's already a group of people at the arena, most men with a couple of women mixed between. Amongst them some are bare, others are in their wolf form and only few are wearing loose clothes. They're all doing some type of exercise.

     Clapping his hands, Diesel calls attention to them and they stop to face him, gazes full of respect. When he has their attention, he shifts to expose Neal to them. "Everyone, today one of you will be fighting against Neal-,"

     "A human?"One of the warriors interrupts, sending a bout of snickers and scoffs amongst the other warriors. Neal doesn't mind, it's always better when they underestimate him. Turning back to face, Diesel scans his face, making sure he wants to fight. With a nod, Neal reassures, and steps into the arena alongside him.

     "We aren't here to question his abilities, we're here to see what he can handle. I need five volunteers to go up against him." Diesel scolds and clarifies. Without any further questions, five men walk into the arena. Diesel pats Neal's shoulder and he stiffens to not shove it off. "The rules are simple; there is no killing and there is no over-the-top-fighting. Have the air knocked out and step back, get thrown out of the circle? Out, that's wolf code when fighting against a human and absolutely no shifting." Leaning in close he whispers to Neal, "Show us what you're made of, we will all be watching."

     Nodding Neal takes in a deep breath as he's left alone with the fighters. With another inhale he focuses on his surroundings, letting his senses expand and heighten. This is what he always does, and while before he would blame the heightening on his senses on concentration, now he knows better.

     He feels the first warrior run up behind him. With a rough hand his shoulder is pulled back with the intention of punching the back of Neal's head with a heavy fist. Gasping, Neal opens his eyes and bends down, dodging the punch. Twisting, he turns to grip the man's ankle, pulling it out and making the other fall onto his back with a heavy groan. There's a loud thud that echoes through the forest as the man's head recoils against the ground, his arms reaching to soothe his chest in an attempt to regain his breath.

     The second warrior also comes up behind him, forcing Neal to let go of the ankle and fling upwards. Targeting the second warrior's throat, he does a hook kick, which makes him stumble out of the arena. Really? Neal thinks as he focuses on the remaining warriors, this is the fight I get?

     There are three warriors remaining. Skidding against the ground, Neal jumps on top of one of their shoulders, knees digging into the flesh there. Their hands fling up and taking that chance he grabs their hands and he forces them to his chest as he tightens and locks his thighs around their head. The third warrior gasps, eyes glowing up at him and Neal can't help but grin down at him. Catching his breath he twists the third warrior's arms and uses his body to tip them back, careful in not twisting too far. This is just a showcase anyways. As they near the ground Neal lets go of his arms, his hands landing on the firm ground beneath him and as he turns to stand in a backflip move he uses the force of his legs to kick upwards - sending the third warrior flailing forward face first. There's a tiny crack, and Neal winces at the idea of a broken nose. Ouch, so much for not breaking anything.