20. Relationships Are Different - 1

Edit/Re-Written: June 12, 2022

     A Knight W/ Shining Eyes: Chapter Twenty; Relationships Are Different

This is late. Obviously. So I decided to do this in Lev then Luke's POV, kill me :,(

Warnings: none

LEVS POV____

     There is pure nervousness coursing through me as we head back to our pack that afternoon. Princess, or Ian, needed to go back to his own back, but there is still doubt coursing through me. He had vocally rejected both me and my brother as his mates back at the restaurant before entering the Forest of Morn. Now there's no way of telling whether he would give us an opportunity, or simply reject his Omega and flee.

     There was no telling if he would even give us a chance.

     "Lev," My attention jitters and I snap out of my trance, looking down to where Luke has grabbed my hand. His fingers tighten around mine, rough and calloused just like mine. I stop in my tracks, the tiny, dry twigs of the forest crunching beneath my sandals. Looking up his form, I stop when our eyes meet, grey identical eyes staring into mine.

     Having a twin has its perks. Having them means that there's always someone there to understand me without even trying and without doubting their own feelings in the process. Luke can read me with a simple glance, and make me vulnerable just as fast because he knows both my weaknesses and my strengths. Those were just some of the reasons why I love my brother. But I think the main reason is because I never have to be interrogated by him so he could understand what or how I feel. There weren't any games being held to know whether or not I'm lying or being truthful about my emotions.

     He just knows.

     Giving me a half smile and showing off a dimple in his right cheek he motions his head to the side, "Want to go to our hideout?"

     A dejected sigh escapes me as I tighten my hold on his hand. "We can't. We have to help father with today's Pack responsibilities."

     At that Luke sighs back at me, puffing his cheeks out as he pouts up at me - and I'm sure that if we weren't this close to our Pack, that he would be stomping his feet like a child. Tugging at my hand, he intensifies his pout and pleads, "Don't worry. Father has handled the Pack on his own for thirty years, he can handle it for a day. And besides, we'll be back before nightfall."

     Falling into his trap, I'm convinced, and he knows it. With a grin he drops my hand, "Race ya?"

     And damn him for knowing that I love challenges. We both quickly shift into our wolves, both of us being a mixture of white and grey, before bolting into the forest that is still considered our land. Even when we had only moved here a couple of months ago, nearing a year, we heavily considered it our home and we built something in order for it to feel like our old pack grounds. Before we moved here, we lived in a forest that had no name. It was a dense forest, but the grounds were covered with curious people, so we climbed up and lived on the tips of the trees. It boosted our agility and to make this forest feel like that, me and Luke built our own treehouse.

     I reach it first, hitting my snout against the bark of the tree. Luke comes to a stop behind me.

[Lev] I win, loser. I booped the damn tree.

     I can almost feel his eyes roll as he huffs.

[Luke] Glad to see you feeling better.

     We shift back into our human forms and walk around the tree, heading to the part of the trunk where carved steps are placed to help us on our way up. Using them, I climb first, my brother just behind. We aren't really worried about anyone finding our treehouse, it isn't exactly a secret to begin with. Our treehouse helped us relax; we played games here, or listened to music, or simply watched through its large openings how beautiful nature really is.