6. Being Dominated

Edit/Re-Written: June 2, 2022

A Knight W/ Shining Eyes: Chapter Six; Being Dominated

Warnings: self-deprecation, kinda. Idk this story is whack, im reading it 2 years later and im just like wtf w everything going on.

Fluctuating 3rd POV

     A gasp escapes his mate as the words register, a reaction Eric had expected. Sighing, he leans back against the couch, keeping a firm grip on Neal's body. Shivers still rack through him, tremors of the nightmare still recent in his mind as he processes the statement.

     "Why- Why not?" His tone is questioning, light and. . .it makes him seem tiny. Hands travel down over his, and nails dig into the skin of his fingers. Eric lets him, knowing the other probably isn't doing it to hurt him, rather he's doing it to ground himself and stop his body from trembling in fear.

     Neal forces himself to take in deep breaths. While they weren't dating, weren't officially together, Neal already made the decision to want to try. He had to. So why was it that a simple "not yet" made him so devastated? Was it because he had never felt this amount of need for other potential, possible partners? It didn't even feel like lust, he just wanted to be with Eric. It just seemed so natural with him. For once, his body wanted to submit to another man, without tensing at the thought. There was no disgust in his mind when he thought of giving Eric pleasure. But it wasn't just about that, he wanted to bring Eric pleasure and be pleasured.

     He wants to worship Eric, but he doesn't want to push him or upset him. Chewing on his bottom lip, Neal tries to think of a possible reason for the rejection.

     It has to be because I'm out of practice, right? This can't be happening, they'll get mad. Is it because I'm not good enough? Or- no, it's got to be because of the scars-

     Trying to stop his mates trembling, Neal wraps his arms around Neal's shoulders, bringing him into his chest. He doesn't know exactly what's going on through his mind, but Eric can guess that it's nothing good. He doesn't know exactly what happened to Neal before, but it probably wasn't anything good if a rejection brought him to this state. But it could also be because of the recent nightmare.

     "Stop it, Neal." He whispers against Neal's hair. There was an obvious reason to have pushed back the mating. When it came to werewolf pairs, both parties could easily learn about each other through their link; able to read each other's thoughts and emotions easily. But when it comes to a pair being human - it's more complicated. Humans tended to rely on physical attraction rather than building an emotional bond. Eric. . .wants to do the opposite with Neal. Though that seems like an impossible task when they can barely keep their hands off each other.

     Neal shakes against him violently, pushing against his chest and successfully managing to slip away from Eric's grasp. He stumbles off the couch, quickly turning to rush out of the room as Eric reaches out to grab him. He curses under his breath as Neal's figure disappears into the hallways, jumping to his feet to follow after him. He hears a thud, a grunt, and the opening and closing of a door. Making his way over to the sound, he grips the doorknob, Xelio growling within him as they notice it's locked.

     "Neal, open the door." Eric grunts, tightening his hold on the metal and making the doorknob clank at the force. Neal shakes his head at the demand, sliding down one of the walls and bringing his knees up to his chest. Wrapping his arms around his knees, he hides his face against the flesh of his legs. His eyes burn and he feels like crying - but he refuses to do so.

     There's no way he's going to cry for love.

     It's stupid to begin with. There's no way Eric loves him, they had just met. Neal wasn't even sure he loved the other. So why did it hurt so much? Why did he always end up making such a big deal out of it? Why was it stupid for him to think that there was actually someone that could handle him? And be there for him throughout his life? A frustrated groan escapes him, stupid, stupid, stupid. Why can't he just be like everyone else and start a relationship normally without having to have sex right away? Why was sex the only way he got validation?