5. Mating

Edit/Re-Written: June 2, 2022

A Knight W/ Shining Eyes: Chapter Five; Mating

Warnings: none??? I think.

Eric's POV___ 3rd person

     Eric watches as Neal's demeanor changes. While he was confident seconds ago, shifting his body along with his for the sake of pleasure now he sat rigid in his lap. His mouth falls open as he releases his chin, eyes blinking in a searching manner like they had been doing all day.

     Why — was he shocked by that?

     There was no way he didn't know. Neal was smart, anyone who Ian related themselves with to the point of working with them had to be. It came with the job. Eric watched as Neal's hands began to shake, limbs twitching slightly where they rested. Their eyes meet and he swears he sees the tiniest spark enter the dull green pool that them up, but a second later and Neal is pulling back - shaking his head to let his black hair hide his face.

     There's a sharp intake of breath and from where he sits Eric can see Neal take in his bottom lip between his teeth and bite down on it harshly.

     Like he had been doing all day, Eric waits - patiently. There's not much he can do and some part of him really wants to see what Neal would do. So he waits, and lets the blunt edges of his untrimmed nails dig into his thighs as his hands fall to his side when Neal starts crawling off his lap and to the edge of the bed. His mate's face is still hidden from him, it's annoying, but he holds still and doesn't let his wolf dictate what to do next.

     "That," Neal finally begins, head shaking. "That can't be true." He concludes with a stutter. Eric really hasn't heard many stories of human mates rejecting their werewolf ones, so he doesn't know if this is just protocol. Regardless, he sits forward to reach out to the other, lunging slightly to grasp scarred arms as Neal backs up suddenly - sitting a little over the edge of the bed. Stupid. Xelio yips at him, wanting to take over again but he can't really do that when the other is just a horny bastard. So he pushes his wolf back just as he pulls Neal onto his lap again. His head rests on his shoulder, breaths deep and heavy as their bodies tangle together.

     "Why not?" It's a simple question, one he wants an answer to before he lets his heart swim in what people know as rejection. That wouldn't be good for a loner wolf like him, with no pack or community to fall back on. Honestly, he's not really worried about becoming a rogue - he'd end his life before he could get to that point anyways - he is worried about Neal though. As always, the other hesitates, rubbing his face against Eric's chest.

     "There shouldn't be anyone out there for me. It's," A pause of shaky breaths. "I'm not worth it."

     This seemed to be case-and-point all day. With the showing of scars and the talk of one's past. Neal seemed to have a limitless pot of confidence when it came to getting what he wanted through the use of his body, but when he was put in his place and made to reflect - he lost himself. But, either way, if any one of them were worthless, it would be him - at least in his opinion. Slowly, he wraps his arms around Neal's fragile frame, tightening them reassuringly as he leans down to press kisses against the other's face.

     "You are Neal–" Eric whispers, grabbing Neal's chin and tilting it up. With a hearty huff he uses his other hand to push back his dark hair, letting their eyes meet again. "-You're beautiful and perfect for me. You're mine."

     He presses their foreheads together as he finishes the statement. And as their skin touches he can't help but wonder if he could've said or done anything differently to approach the other with this topic. Really thinking about it, he doesn't think there would be a solution. Neal had long before decided that he wasn't worthy enough for love.