28. Елена

Edit/Re-Written: June 17, 2022

Anything that is italicized, it means its in Russian because I literally do not want to go through the trouble to translate it then find out its wrong.

     A Knight W/ Shining: Chapter Twenty-Eight; Elena

Warnings: none

IANS POV____

     "Hi," I respond weakly as a woman proceeds to grip my hands and shake them violently in her grasp. Not wanting to be rude, I let her, not knowing who she is, to my mates.

     "Hello!" She says enthusiastically in a language I don't know. Before I can tell her that I have absolutely no fucking clue what she just said, she's leaning in, taking a quick look around the room to see if anyone is listening in. In English, she asks, "Which of - uh, sons are you?"

     With knitted eyebrows I tilt my head in confusion. Is she confusing me with Lev and Luke or was she asking me whose mate I am? It had to be the second one, right? Taking a closer look at her, I notice that she looks a lot like them - her hair, which is a tad bit lighter, is the only difference. But they share the same, dark green with grey eyes.

     There's no chance to ask her if she's who I think she is because sparks explode from my shoulder as one of the twins places their hands there. Turning to find Luke smirking down at me, I turn back over to the woman only to see Lev placing a kiss on her head. It's domestic and it warms my heart slightly. Slightly, okay? "Mama, don't scare him!"

     He scolds and if we weren't in a public setting, and his tone weren't so soft towards her - I would've scolded him myself. But then again, I have no clue what they're saying. The woman smiles brightly, letting go of my hand in order to take hold of Lev's face. "Scare? Oh no, sweetie, I just wanted to know whose mate he is."

     As she says whatever she says she looks back at me as though I understood, as though I can tell her what she wants to know. Luke extends his arm around my back and shoulders, pressing me into his chest. He's solid next to my body, and Peryus preens at the protective gesture. And fine, yeah, I preen a little too. "Mama, he's both of ours."

     With wide eyes, she smirks at whatever my mate just told her and it's creepy. "What a lucky boy, sharing both of you." Extending her arms again she essentially tears me away from Luke as she brings me into a hug of her own. "Nice to meet you, welcome to the family!"

     Leaning in behind me, Luke whispers the translation for me. "She says it's nice to meet you and welcome to the family."

     At that, I hug her back. "N-Nice to meet you too." They continue exchanging some words and when she's left I can't help but say that "She's very pretty."

     As if agreeing, they laugh at my statement. Luke places a hand on my lower back and leads me through the crowd. They spent the next hour and a half introducing me to their family - and it helped me learn a little more about their traditions. For example, they liked being very close, especially when it came to similar gender. Same sexes happened to back slap each other often, or grip onto each other's soldiers as they spoke. There were a lot more gestures, some I didn't try to look into as I made my way around the house.

     By the time we're done with the ;large family reunion, said family has taken the opportunity to grill outside. With a huff, I find myself on Lev's back in piggyback form because this is too much socializing and that reason alone is enough for the amount of energy I have to deplete entirely.