48. Do Omegas Fight?

Edit/Re-Written: July 10, 2022

     A Knight W/ Shining Eyes: Chapter Forty-Eight; Do Omegas Fight?

Warnings: none.

Fluctuating 3rd POV

     A week later and they're fully established in Eric's Pack. As in the beginning, both Shane and Diesel are welcoming, happily meeting the couple with open arms and joy-filled eyes. And as before, they don't hesitate to tease the couple, interrupting them in the most cliche-filled times. Neal and Eric don't mind, knowing that the head Alphas have good intentions and are simply trying to make them feel more welcomed.

     The Pack is different, less stiff - ever since the question and trial of the Council as well as the new addition to the family. Niko was welcome as another Omega to the Pack, the title almost nonexistent as people consider his parents before his status. As an adoptive child, he grew up in a smaller pack and was raised happy and healthy with a brother named Elliot and a best friend named Elena.

     Now though - said happy teen wallows in sorrow, having been taken from the only family he knows. But it was necessary. All the pack in the Forest of Morn had agreed because in the end it would work to prove the Council wrong. It's a new time, more modern, the need for a Council is no longer necessary, especially when packs can take care of themselves. So while it might seem crude, it had to be done for the benefit of the entire forest.

     Sitting across from Niko, Neal chews loudly on a piece of beef jerky. The Omega is sitting on the couch made for one person, covered in blankets from head to toe, blinking off into the distance. He can't possibly stand anymore of this because it's depressing and he is so bored, "Are you gonna be depressing the whole time you're here?"

     That seems to snap Niko out of his state, and he gapes at the question. "I- I am not depressing."

     "Trust me," Neal scoffs. "You are. Why don't you, I don't know, go do something?"

     "Why don't you go do something?" He snarks back, and Neal raises an unimpressed eyebrow because teenagers. Is this what Dayon deals with when it comes to Skylar? He hopes his little brother is a saint but one never knows.

     "I can fight you."

     "What!?" The other gasps, white hair flailing around as their eyes finally meet. "No you can't! I don't know how to fight and you're like six times bigger than me! That wouldn't be fair."

     Six times bigger. . .they're the same size! Making a mental note to inform Shane and Diesel of having their son's eyes checked, Neal responds, "If you're going to bring up an excuse as to why not to fight, don't use size. Just saying you don't know how to fight is good enough."

     "Then I don't know how to fight." Niko finishes haughtily as though he had just won. . .whatever this is.

     Neal's eyes sparkle, "Okay, I'll teach you."

     "What!?"

     Ignoring him, Neal stands in front of the couch. "Come on pup, let's go! Up! Up!"

     Not waiting for Niko to respond, he walks up behind him and promptly shoves him off of the couch. The boy flails, catching himself on the floor and glaring back at the other. "You're insane."

     With a smirk, Neal responds, "Don't know about that, but I'm more than what I appear. I'll wait for you outside, you have three minutes to meet me. Don't make me wait."

     He heads outside right after, walking to an area that is semi-secluded. Being new to the Pack, he still hasn't had the chance to make any friends - not like he wants to. Many of the pack wolves, while appearing nice, hold some sort of vendetta against humans - against Neal. It became more obvious when he realized how many of the unmated wolves within the pack lusted for his mate, eyes following Eric wherever he went. And Neal can't exactly blame them, Eric is attractive, more-so when he's training the fighters. So he lets them hate him, he doesn't care about what they thought of him anyways.

     Finding a clear spot on the ground he sighs and sits down, counting the seconds as they pass. He has three minutes, he reminds himself with a huff. Two and a half minutes later and Niko appears, panting and in a new set of clothes. Finally, Neal thinks, giving himself an invisible pat on the back for having gotten the young Omega to leave the packhouse and change his week old clothes.

     Neal stands, "I'm going to teach you how to fight. You might think of it as unnecessary, but even Omegas need something to hold their ground against wolves of higher rank."

     Straightening where he stands, Niko meets his eyes, being hesitant as he asks, "You're uh, Ian's friend right?"

     "Best friend." Neal corrects with a nod. Love of his life, he wants to add just to tease.

     "He's an Omega too."

     A statement, "Yes."

     Their eyes meet again, "Does he know how to fight as well?"

     At the question Neal grins and nods, "Yes, better than anyone I know. Well, except Eric."

     The Omega's eyes sparkle at the information. While he'd only had the opportunity to meet his (step) brother once, and while it was short, it was confusing and overwhelming. He didn't know what to think but he did know that the other is strong, a type of strong that inspired him despite his status.

     "Eric as in the Beta Trainer, and the packs right-hand." Niko defines it as though it was a pop quiz question - it wasn't.

     "And my mate." Neal adds on. A tense second passes before he's bored again, "Anyways are you ready? I can repeat any information as many times as needed and we can take this slow."

     "No." Niko responds, jaw tense as he makes a decision. "Please teach me as you would any other."

     At that, Neal smirks because he likes Niko's spirit.

__

     "Did you have to be so tough on him?" Shane asks, eyebrow raised as Neal munches on some chips.

     Shrugging, he throws a quick glance over his shoulder and towards the kitchen. The Omega is in there with Diesel, bruised and cut skin being treated. "He told me not to treat him any differently because of his status, so I didn't. I trained him exactly like Ian did me. You should be proud. I did much worse on my first day of training."

     That seems to placate the Head Alpha who nods and sits on the couch across from him, "Then thank you for taking him under your wing. Will you be training him daily?"

     Looking over at Eric, Neal studies him. His mate is sitting next to him and their eyes meet. Eric's eyes gleam with something unknown as he clenches his jaw which makes his jawline more pronounced and - yum. "Well, today was only a taste. We have to head back to town and we'll be staying there for a while. But once we're back I can start training him on a stricter schedule." He debates, "Or he can just head over to Ian and ask him."

     Entering the room, Diesel sits next to Shane, Niko following close behind. Surprising all of them, he skips over to Neal's side, sitting there. "No, I want you to be my trainer, please."

     Smiling, Neal grins down at him, "Okay then, as your trainer I'm telling you to rest well for a week."

     Hours later, as the sun descends into the horizon, Neal and Eric finally say their goodbyes - deciding it best to drive back during the night than deal with the traffic that consumes the day. Turns out, therapist appointments are hard to make but Neal had accomplished the feat. The only real issue was that his therapist had many clients, so appointments usually came with week+ waiting periods.

     Honestly, Neal doesn't mind. It'd give him more opportunities to visit his brothers, even if it means that he'd had to be extra sneaky so that Brody doesn't find out.

     A shaky sigh escapes him as he slides over to Eric, closer to the male. He can do this, for Ian, for Eric, and for himself. Sensing the tense atmosphere, Eric pulls himself closer and presses a kiss to his mate's head which works to instantly calm the raging whirlwind of thoughts.

     He can.

><><><><><

2

AAhahahah. The epilogues are the only thing left. I'm so happy.

<3