23. Lost Brother

^ thx phone pt. 1

  Edit/Re-Written: June 13, 2022

     A Knight W/ Shining Eyes: Chapter Twenty-Three; Lost Brother

Warnings: none

IANS POV____

     I watch as Neal leaves the cabin, a shy smile on his face. A small huff escapes me because it had been a while since I had seen him become shy, it was a lot more common when I first met him - years ago. I guess meeting Eric really had changed him, if just slightly. Once that thought crosses my mind, I remember his mischievous plan of letting my mates into the house and had probably given them directions to my room without any warning.

     Alright, okay, yeah- he had only changed slightly. He is still a pain in the ass.

     Turning back to face my mates I note how Lev's eyes narrow as they follow Neal's form out the door. I hold back a scoff at their obvious, jealous behavior because they should be jealous over Neal. Sure, he might be a tease, but he's usually just a tease to get Eric's attention. Walking around to be behind them, I place my hands on each of their lower backs and push them forward into the kitchen of the large cabin. Shane and Diesel had already cleared the small, round breakfast table, leaving enough space for them to be able to see across the table clearly. Both of my dad's are sitting on the curves of the table, already facing us.

     Leaning forward on the tips of my toes I whisper, "Sit."And they do. They sit right next to each other, opposing my parents. I decide not to choose sides, because that will never end well, and instead find a chair that rests on one of the central curves of the table. A few minutes pass. A few very long minutes before I let out a groan, placing my hands on the cool surface of the table to catch their attention.

     "Dads," I gesture at them, "These are my mates, Lev and Luke." I drag my hands over to the other side of the table to gesture towards my mates. "Do you, uh, have any questions for them?"

     Please say no, please say no, please say no—

     Diesel is the first to speak up, his Alpha voice booming through the kitchen. "Full names, wolf types and Pack name."

     He demands and letting my head fall onto the table, I groan. Of course —

     My mates answer without hesitation.

     "Lev Nikolais."

     "Luke Nikolais."

     "We are both Mitte wolves and Alphas of the Covered Eyes Pack which is the Pack next to yours."

     "How were you chosen?" Shane then asks, leaning forward onto his elbows curiously, at least someone is acting decent. Shane is asking how my mates were chosen in correlation to them being the new Pack leaders. Most times, if the title wasn't inherited by bloodline, they would have to go to the Council of Morn in order to choose the strongest and most fit for the pack.

     "We were chosen to be Alphas through inheritance and since we only moved here a year ago, the elders of our Pack did not see any reason as to why we had to present ourselves to the Council." Luke explains, gaze firmly on my parents. Shane looks at-awe at their response, like an excited wolf pup.

     "Do you happen to have any skills?" Diesel asks, eyes glowering in a manner where his white iris is visible, a symbol that he himself was granted an ability from the three Gods we werewolves believe. Some wolves weren't blessed with them, such as Omegas, or Betas. But just as there were exceptions with those two classes, there were exceptions of Alphas not obtaining abilities or "skills". As they had told me, Lev and Luke go through their abilities with my parents, making both of them lift their eyebrows in amazement.