47. Pack Therapist

Edit/Re-Written: July 9, 2022

     A Knight W/ Shining Eyes: Chapter Forty-Seven; Pack Therapist

Warnings: none

Fluctuating 3rd POV

     The sun peeks out over the horizon, the light it brings expanding and bursting as it's distributed across the plains, the shadows taking on different shapes and sizes as it decorates the forest floor. Ian is walking through the camp, which isn't an unusual occurrence for him seeing as half of his Luna duties invoke him to be outside. What is unusual is having a boisterous friend walking alongside him, being annoying as ever - maybe even a tad bit more considering their audience.

     "Neal, can you please stop asking pack members weird and unusual questions? They're going to get the wrong impression." The Omega mutters with a stressed sigh, not letting his eyes flicker away from the request papers in his hold as he says so.

     Next to him he can practically see Neal look over his way and grin widely at the statement. Like it's funny and amusing to him. . .then again, it probably is. It's been two days since their arrival and they've made themselves right at home, not that Ian minds - not really. It feels like before, when they were in the cabin. Ian is used to being alongside Neal, there's no stress, no overthinking when it comes to him being himself. In the back of his mind he can't help but wonder if his mates mind. They said they didn't but Ian can't help but think their newfound attitude towards his best friend was too big a shift.

     "They already have the wrong impression. Seriously, don't you have any friends here? They're looking at us like you're having an affair or something." Said friend whispers, looking around the pack and noting how spacious it is. Not as spacious as Eric's pack but then again, this was a family centered pack that isn;t looking to expand, so the size makes sense.

     "I have friends." The Omega snaps and it makes Neal giggle.

     "Oh yeah?" He challenges, "Name one person."

     Easy, "Regina."

     "And who is this Regina?"

     Sighing, Ian disregards the idea of working. With Neal here, he probably wouldn't be able to anyways. Again, he doesn't mind. "A fighter, she takes over charge when neither me or my mates are here."

     With a hum, Neal throws his arm over Ian's shoulder and hauls him closer. "Why do you only have one friend?"

     "I don't." Ian says with a groan, resting his head back against Neal's arm as they continue walking through the pack. "It's just hard, okay? You know that I've never been social and being Luna just puts me on this pedestal so it's really awkward." There's a heavy pause before he adds, "I hang out with the pack children though, they're fun."

     A snort, "Oh, I bet they are."

     They continue like that, like they always have; sharing jokes and enjoying their company as well as the forest air as they make their way across the pack. Eric is with the head Alphas, having promised to aid them in improving their Pack's security and safety measures. And even while he is from another pack, there's no reason not to trust the Beta.

     "How's the big guy?" Neal asks, referring to the Omega's wolf. Peryus shifts within Ian, coiling as though he were trying to make a decision and hadn't he told him his name?

     "Peryus," He informs and Neal hums.

     "What?"

     "Peryus, that's his name."