Normani x Lauren London

Title: Make it up to you
Genre: Angst, fluff

Lauren POV

10:34

Where the hell is Mani, I've been waiting in this restaurant for the past two hours and she is still nowhere to be seen.

I get that her work is time demanding, but that still doesn't justify the fact that she forgot our 2nd year anniversary.

I guess her work is way more important than us, than... me.

It's better I just go home than keep telling the waiter that my wife is on her way, when in all reality I'm pretty sure she's not gonna show up.

'You see your not even that important'
I tried to shake away those voices from my head, and just call a cab to get me home.

Normani POV

10:57

Finally! I just finished this last bit of paperwork, now I can finally go home and see my baby.

But I have a feeling, I'm forgetting something but I just can't put my finger on it..

Maybe it's nothing, just too much stress that's making me imagine things.

11:45

I just got home and it was oddly strange not to see Lauren here, normally she'd wait up for me.

Maybe, she was just tired and decided not to wait up for me today, good.
She needs to learn to look after her health more and not be waiting up for me at odd hours of the day.

I went upstairs to take a shower but didn't see Lauren in the room, if she isn't in the living room or our room then where could she be..

I checked the kitchen, dining, the movie room. Wait, I haven't even checked in any of the guest rooms yet.

"Lo?" I said opening each door, only to open one and found her sleeping kinda uncomfortably on the bed, she doesn't like sleeping on her own cause she always gets nightmares of her past.

Then, why in the world is she sleeping here and not in our room.

I walked towards the bed, seeing her clutching tightly onto her favorite stuff bear that she sleeps with every night and also a little paper in her hand.

"What's that?" I asked myself slowly taking out of her hands making her move around a little but she didn't wake up.

To Normani,

Why did you forget our anniversary dinner today?, I know work can be demanding but still am I not a priority to you. Oh my gosh, I probably sound like a horrible wife right now obviously your work is important and I'm just being whiny. I'll probably just tear up this letter when I wake up..
I'm sorry.

From laur
Love you❤️

"I messed up." I mumbled.

I didn't even realize I was crying till the first drop touched the paper. I didn't mean to make her feel this way, she's not whiny, she's the complete opposite of that. And supports everything I do and the only thing I did was make her feel insecure.

I promise, I'm going to make it up to you.

--- The next morning ---

Lauren POV

I wake up feeling a very sharp pain in my head, worst headache ever.

I look around and found out I'm in my own room, but this isn't where I slept last night.

Wait. Where's the letter?!..

Oh no, what if she --mani-- reads it and doesn't want to talk to me anymore.

I shouldn't have even written that stupid letter in the first place!, I'm officially the worst wife ever.

I quickly ran downstairs to see mani, in the kitchen making some pancakes.

Normani POV

"Sorry." I heard coming from the stairs before Lauren ran down meeting me in the kitchen.

"For what?!" I asked confused.

"T-the letter, I know you read i-it, it was stupid of me and I-I shouldn't have ever written it." she said all in one breath before looking at the floor.

I quickly use my fingers to bring her head up.

"Don't ever take your head down, otherwise your crown will fall. I should be the one apologizing, I let work get the better of me and forgot our anniversary dinner." I said.

"B-but you need to work to take care of everyone and I was just complaining and being whiny, I'm sorry." she said sniffing indicating she was about to cry.

"Don't cry and don't say sorry either, you're not whiny, you're the best wife anyone could ever ask for, please forgive me." I said smiling sadly.

"Yes, I forgive you." She said then kissed my cheek making us both start smiling like idiots.

"After, we eat breakfast we're going to the park, I really need to spend more time with you and after that we're having a make up anniversary dinner, Normani style." I said chuckling.

She was smiling to unto it faltered, "But you have work?" she said.

"No, I don't. Work can wait, but your happiness can't and you're my happiness."

"I love you." she said smiling.

"Me too."

------

Double update!

Love you

Vote and comment!

---- Author 🤗