The Nightmares of Life

Hey guys this story was one I was trying  to  do for nano writes. It's an AU version  and doesn't  affect  any of my other stories. This story  was inspired  by barbie's  Princess and the Pauper which my younger cousin  fell in love with, and makes me watch  at least three or four times a week. I really  hope you  enjoy  if you  do vote and comment, 💖

Tessa sighs as she pulls out from under the car she was working  on, and just groans hearing  the insistent honking.  Her step family was here to pick her up for the rest of the day. Tessa knew  she would be working  the whole time, but she was just glad she could keep her father's repair shop

 Her father had died a few years ago, and her stepmother  had made an agreement  that she wouldn't  get her dad's  repair shop. Unless she acted as their servant until her eighteenth  birthday. She only had a year left to go now, but it felt  like  forever. "Have a good day Tessa." Joe says as Tessa rolls her eyes. She never had a good day with her step family. 

"Tessa there you are. You took forever, now you need to brush Sparkle's out!! Divine calls out as Tessa tries not to groan looking at the  dead, stuffed dog. She hated that thing with her whole being. Although  it wasn't  the dog's fault  that Divine was crazy.

"Yes Divine!"  Tessa  says in her fake sweet voice. She was doing  this for her dad's repair shop, and she had to keep reminding  herself of  that. The minute she was eighteen she was stealing  that dead dog and burying it  far, far away from Divine's clutches and she would never be heard of again. Sadly she still had a year to wait. She wished she could  get out of this nightmare  sooner.

………..

"So what's  it's  like to  be following  in your parents  footsteps Miss Georgia McCall?" An announcer asks the just turned eighteen year old who tries not to groan or mess up her hair which was put up and hair sprayed to death. She hated talking  to these people. 

"It's amazing, they worked so hard for their vision to come to life, and I'm  glad to be carrying  on the business." Georgie  replies in her diplomatic  voice trying  to roll her eyes. It was another one of those days where the news people would not leave her alone. While she was trying  to  mind her own business.  Of course she knew this would happen  though. Her dad had just closed another big settlement,  and the internet  was going  crazy.

 "Miss McCall, are you dating anyone at the moment." Another asks as Georgie  quickly  contemplates  her answer hiding a snicker. She hated this with her whole heart. She only had a few months  before  she would  have to work for her parents  for the rest of her life, and one day inherit the whole company, and she wanted to spend her last months of freedom riding her horse, and being the country girl she truly  was, and to also do some makeup work. Georgie  love the art of makeup

"Yes, I  in fact I am…" Georgie says as she   looks around  desperately for her horse to save her from this disaster  that was about  to  go down, as she didn't  want to be stuck here anymore. Finally the eighteen year old whistled for her horse and the loyal steed came jaunting to her knocking  some of the news people  out of the way as it continued  running.

Georgie  confidently  grabbed the reign and stirrup as they rode off. "Nova, I  don't know if I've  told you this but you're  a lifesaver." Georgie tells her horse getting situated  a bit better as she messes her hair up for it lies a bit straighter. The horse just nickers as she gallops faster heading to the stables.

………

"Look what the news brought  in." Lily calls out playfully as Georgie groans and rolls her eyes, fondly dismounting  the horse that was still moving. "You know your parents are going to  kill you when you  get  home right?" Lily asks dead seriously as Georgie  just nods solemnly of course  she knew that. She had just unceremoniously  left an interview… on  a horse, oh yeah her parents  were  definitely  going  to kill her, and before  that gave her the longest lecture in the history of lectures.

"I'll deal with that when I get home. Also Ethan  if anyone asks you're  my boyfriend.  I don't  like creepy random people  coming up to me. Now can we just go for a ride please.  Preferably  to somewhere far, far, away from here?" Georgie  asks as Lily and Ethan just nods. 

"I hate how you always use me as your excuse, but I'll  play along. And a ride sounds great right now" Ethan says as Georgie  nods in thanks.

"Yeah sure, the last one to sunset hill is a rotten egg." Lily calls out to both Georgie  and Ethan. Georgie  and Nova give each other a knowing  look, and gallop after Lily  and Caramel before  hearing barking. Of course their puppies would want to come for the ride. They were the two girls' dogs after all. "Hold on you two things are about  to get bumpy." Georgie  warns  as the puppies nod ducking  into the saddle bag to make sure they would stay inside.

Georgie smiled at them before looking  at Nova. "Nova go full speed." Georgie  says bending  forward a bit more to get better velocity. Nova just quickly  complies. This was where Georgie  truly belonged out on her horse's back beating  her best friends in a race. Not in some dress with her hair sprayed to death as she works her parents  dream which isn't  her own. She craved the freedom she felt right  now, but for way longer than just an hour or two. She knew that so many  other people had worse lives, but if they thought her life was a dream. It really wasn't at least not for Georgie to her it was a nightmare.