Dealing With Mother

"Mother you're here early…"  Georgie  says, opening  the door wide  enough  to let her mother in. 

"Georgia, I came to see you, and please don't  tell me  you've  been wearing those clothes. It gives off the wrong vibe." Her mother says as Georgie  looks at her shirt that stated a true fact.

"How is this shirt setting up the wrong vibe? It 0literally  just says I'm  a dog and horse kind of girl. Which is a very true statement." Georgie  says already frustrated  about  this. 

"Georgia you do not, talk back to your  elders, especially raising  your voice. And you cannot  be wearing that in front  of our guests. You already  know you're not allowed to own a dog. And stop acting  like that. It's bad enough  that you're turning out like your grandfather. You are not him, and you'll  be doing our work not keeping  that dumb stable up." Her mother says as Georgie  sighs switching  to her other language 

"Mom I'm an adult now, and I refuse to be treated that way.  Grandpa chose me to look after his stable and that's where I want to work!" Georgie says quietly as she sighs

"Georgia you will not talk to me like that.  You will not work at a stable  and you should be ashamed of yourself.  You are the heir of the company and you embarrass us.  Stop acting like a country tomboy and get your head in order." Her mother says as Georgie  groans she was tired of this so tired of it.

"Ek gee nie om om 'n erfgenaam te wees nie.  Dit is nie wie ek is nie.  Ek wil nie deel wees van hierdie geselskap nie, ek wil oupa se nalatenskap lewend hou" Georgie  says quietly, and unhappily. 

"Dit maak nie saak Georgia nie, jy sal nooit in die lewe vorentoe kom met net 'n skamele stal nie.  Nou moet jy beter optree soos die vrou wat ek jou groot gemak het om te wees.Jy gaan nie 'n waardelose perderuiter wees nie" Her mother  says madly closing the door.

Georgie  just sighs, "Alright Tessa  you can come out." Georgie  says Tessa and the pups came out of the closet. Tessa just looks at Georgie  who pets Brook looking  down.

"Boy that was intense what happened  to your spirit. You were so quiet." Tessa says as Georgie  continues  to pet Brook  who whimpers knowing  that her human was in distress.

"Fighting  back never gets me anywhere  with her. It just makes her angrier." Georgie  says, sounding utterly  defeated. "I know by now mother is never going  to appreciate  who I really am. A fiery tomboy who would  rather ride horses than attend fancy meetings and deal with the press." Georgie  says looking at her hoodie that she had been wearing  after the news because  it was more  comfortable than a dress. 

"Maybe she is right,  I only  have a month before I  am working  with them, maybe it is time to put my stupid dreams away and do what is asked of me." Georgie  says sadly looking  at the  pictures on the wall flipping  the one she loved the most down. She had fought  that fight  with her parents ever since she knew that she would  be working  for her parent.

What no, you can't  quit now. You made me believe  in myself now I'm  cast as Cinderella.  While it's  been crazy busy I've  felt the best I've  felt since my father was. I won't let you give up known  your dream. We're  in this together now." Tessa told Georgie whi sighs

"I don't  know how your going to help me Tessa.  My parents  are a force to be reckoned  with and if I did whatever  I  wanted they would  make sure my attempts would  fail. The stable is already in debt, and if I don't  get enough money soon I won't  even afford to be able to care for the horses. It just feels like there's  no way out of this situation." Georgie  says her voice soft, but holding  the annoyance  that she felt. Tessa sighs she had no idea that Georgie felt that doubtful  about her abilities. Her cockiness and fiery spirit  hid her doubts.

"Your oupa, he made his dreams come true, right'? Tessa says using the same words Georgie  had used for her yesterday.

"Yeah, he did…" Georgie  says looking  at the locket that was always around  her neck. Lily owned the other half of it, and the locket meant the world to her.

"Wouldn't he want you to do the same?" Tessa asks as Georgie nods before  smirking. She knew what Tessa was doing.

"Your dreams are just as important  as mine. If we work together  I'm  sure we can both get our happy  endings. But we need to  believe in ourselves and each other." Tessa says as Georgie  nods looking  at her puppy in her lap.

"Your right, I  just don't know  how  I'm  going  to be in four places at once. Especially  with mom around.  Hold up, I  got an idea, Georgie says as Tessa just smiles seeing  that her friend  was back to being herself.

"That's more like it. What are you planning!" Tessa asks as Georgie smirks and sighs her friends were going to hate her, but her idea could  work. 

"My mother will have to go back home if there is something  work related. I can call in a friend  and maybe I can get her to  go home. That will reduce  some work, and a lot of stress." Georgie  says already  dialing  up the number as she wanted this done as soon as it could  happen. She definitely  didn't  feel like dealing with her mother the rest of this week. She was eighteen and she wanted her parents  to leave her alone.

"You think that'll  work?" Tessa asks as Georgie  nods. She knew it was her mom cared more for their business  than her own daughter. Thankfully  she was good friends  with a lot of their staff. One of them would have to  help her.

"It will take some string pulling,  but it'll  work for sure. Then I  won't  be stressed or crazy busy. I'll  be able  to help you and hopefully  be able to figure out a solution  to my own problem  Georgie says as Tessa nods.

"Okay cool, it's getting late though. We should  probably  sleep now." Tessa says as Georgie  nods typing away on her phone pulling  some strings her mom would  be gone in the morning.  She was sure ok f it… hopefully.