𝟶𝟹 - 𝙰𝚜𝚜𝚎𝚜𝚜𝚖𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚜

Song- Unsteady by X Ambassadors

It was time for individual assessments. I remembered what Finnick told me. Not too strong, not too weak. I got this.

"District 1, Daniel Cloud,"

A familiar, mechanical voice sounded from the intercom. I waited nervously, my head in my thoughts until Dylan's name was called.

"District 4, Dylan Jaymes, report for individual assessment." I looked at him with a smile."Good luck." I whispered and he smiled back. He walked through the opening doors and ten minutes later, I heard my name.

"District 4, Tess Cresta, report for individual assessment." I stood up slowly and walked towards the automatic doors. They opened and I was greeted in a room that looked similar to the center, but there weren't as many things to do in there.

I walked over to the knives section and picked up a few. I walked over to the body-like targets and threw the knives at the right leg, making it look like I missed, then I threw it at the arm then just missed the middle of the chest. At least I hit the target...sorta.

~

Me and Dylan were sitting in the living area, waiting to get our scores from the assessment."What do you think you got?" he asked, his legs hanging over the arm of the couch. I was fiddling with my thumbs on a chair next to him.

"I'm not sure. Probably a 7." I looked up to meet his gaze.

"I got a 12" Dylan had a smug look on his face. We both laughed."Obviously."

"Ladies and Gents, it is now time to score out victors on a scale from 1-12," Ceaser announced from the flatscreen.

"Ah! Finally!"

Sapphire, Nadiyah, and Basil joined us on the couches and sat waiting for our names to be called. I was confused about where August was, but I brushed it off.

"District 4, Dylan Jaymes." Dylan smirked as if he already knew the answer."10"

Dylan leaned back, approvingly. Basil congratulated him along with Sapphire and Nadiyah.

"District 4, Tess Cresta has scored, a 5." My mouth stood open. A 5? I would for sure be the first target. I stood up, feeling embarrassed that I scored HALF of what Dylan scored, and walked to my room. Usually, someone might hear a "Good job! You tried your best!" or, "You'll get it next time!" But I think everyone knew what my score meant, so it was silent.

I had gotten to my room, curled up on the bed, and just sat there. I didn't know how long it had been, but Dylan opened the door slowly."Hey kid..." He closed the door and walked over to me. 

"I don't wanna talk about it." I muttered softly."We have to." He sat down next to the bed."So, you did get the lowest score, and I got the highest, of course." I smiled, still enjoying his attempts to make me laugh and to gloat."Stop rubbing it in." I laughed.

"There's that smile." He laughed again, mocking me."Stop!" I laughed punching his chest."Anyway, the careers will probably come after you first, but make it be a mistake." I nodded.

~

It was now time for our interview with Ceaser Flickerman. I was sitting in a room, waiting for August, when he arrived looking very prepared and ready."Time to get to work."

I had light makeup, with only a bit of foundation, concealer, mascara, and lipgloss. My hair was down and straightened."You'll love this dress TT." August walked me over to a curtain and opened it slowly, making the room fill with suspense.

It opened to a beautiful light pink dress, with the sleeves off the shoulder. August paired me with a silver necklace that said, "Princess" on it, and a silver headband that was diamond encrusted. Finally, August gave me silver pointed toe-flats.