𝟹𝟷 - 𝙼𝚘𝚖𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚜

Song- everything i wanted by Billie Eilish

Sapphire Ray.

"Oh, my goodness, sweetheart!" She rushes over to me with her usual blonde hair and simple but glam looks. "Are you okay? I heard what happened in the games." She ranted.

"I'm okay, Saph." I smile as she embraces me in a tight hug. "I have news." She whispers.

"Good news, you are coming back to my place tonight!" She smiles. "Other news, that'll be the last time you'll see me." She sighs. I nod my head, I haven't been sold since Zion.

"Come on, darling." She took my hand, and we walked out of the white room and to a bathroom. Saph locked the door so I could change into simple, black dress that went down to my mid thigh.

"Let's get you home."

~

The next few days in the Capitol were hell. I was used one night and gone the next. All of the sellers and buyers had atleast one maid to help me afterwards, which was nice. I wanted to go home to District 4 with Annie and Finnick. Oh what I would do to see them again.

After a few weeks of this, President Snow brings me into his office early in the morning, maybe 7 or 8.

"Miss Cresta, I think I speak on behalf of everyone when I say, I appreciate all you've done for the people of Panem. They have been much entertained, but now with the sudden outburst of Katniss Everdeen and District 13, the people and Districts need to settle. They need to remember what Panem is doing. What we won't do if they rebel. Do you understand me?"

He raises one of his sickly white eyebrows. His green, snake like eyes never ceased to scare me.

"Yes. I understand." I said as I was too worn out to speak against him. Also he is the President.

"Good. You will give an interview with Ceaser Flickerman today. I am sure you will calm the Districts and make me proud."

His words came of sickly-sweet, and it made me sick to my stomach. I smiled and was soon escorted out and to a place I never wanted to see ever again.

Peeta, Johanna, Annie. They were all here. But that lady told me that Annie was in District 13 with Finnick. Just by looking at them I could tell she's lied. They were all in cells, and I was too, soon enough. I had been stripped of any Capitol clothing I was wearing, and put into something that resembled a big, white pillow case.

I'd only been in there a couple hours, at most, but guards pulled me out and washed me and my hair. They just stripped me, they didn't care, I felt like I was being treated as an animal. I was now sitting infront of August who hadn't made a single comment, not a single word, not a single glance up at me. I knew this was part of the Captiol, and I didn't know if he wanted to speak to me or not.

He decorated my face with lilac powders and glitters, covering any ounce of imperfection from my skin with makeup. Now, it was what he called his favorite part, the dress. It was a gown, probably the best he's ever sewn.

•••

•••

He gave me a pair of white, silk heels that have a shorter heel than most. My hair was slicked back into a braid, then wrapped into a bun. August left out two pieces by my ears and curled them. He added a few gemstones into my hair and by my eyes, then walked me out to President Snow.

"Tessa, my dear, how wonderful you look. Just like a queen." Ceaser called me over, there was a seat across from him, open for me. I smiled, acknowledging him, and sat down.

"We're on in 3, 2, 1."

The Captiol anthem started playing, and the cameras were on Ceaser.

"Ladies and gentlemen, we have a nice treat for you tonight. Please listen in for a good interview with our one and only, Tess Cresta." The cameras cut to me. I smiled at the cameras, then at Ceaser.

"Tess, we're here to get your finest detail on the events of the 3rd Quarter Quell, and some good stories with other questions." Ceaser smiled. I nodded to him, waiting for the first query.

"You were reuntied with Finnick on the beach, how did that feel?" Ceaser asked me.

I smiled softly, remembering the moment. It was actually a good memory.

"I remember feeling like the luckiest person on Earth. To see him there with me was a weight lifted off my shoulders. I was fighting with Johanna and Beetee so I could see him, and I did. It was a feeling from my core, like a blossom blooming." I explain, I almost feel as if Finnick is right next to me. If only to feel that again.

"And Johanna, she wanted to make sure you were with him, is that correct?"

"Yes, she knows how much he means to me. Finnick is my best friend, my love. He and Annie mean the world to me. I'd do anything for them." Anything.

~Finnick's POV~

I was sitting alone in the canteen when the Capitol's crest lit up the many TV screens on the walls. Ceaser was giving an interview.

"Please listen in for a good interview with our one and only, Tess Cresta."

My face softened as I saw her beautiful face the camera cut to. She was wearing a lilac gown and her hair was in a bun. She smiled and looked so happy, she was so good at making everyone believe she was okay. But I saw it in her eyes, she was in pain. And I wanted nothing more than to hold her tight in that moment.

Word Count
{984}