𝟸𝟼 - 𝙰𝚕𝚕 𝙴𝚢𝚎𝚜 𝙾𝚗 𝚈𝚘𝚞

Song- Yes to Heaven by Raul Tonai

~Tess's POV~

We mounted our horse carriage, and we were off. Both of us holding on to the sides, and to each other, to make sure we don't fall.

"Your laugh is stupid."

"Ready?" Finn asks me. "Always."

The bright light of the sun blinds me, but I get used to it. The loud crowd is nothing new to us, and they roar, shattering my eardrums. Finnick looks to me, lovingly. He raises our held hands, and kisses mine again. He holds out a rose he snuck on the carriage, and hands it to me. I act more shocked than I am, and kiss his cheek.

Though Katniss and Peeta take away the crowd with their flaming outfits, we had our moments too.

~

"Outstanding! Absolutely outstanding! You two are a force to be reckoned with." Nadiyah rushes Mover to us, Annie following shortly after.

"Little kid over here did all the work for me. She made us look 'so glam and proud'!"

"Finnick did it all." I was quick to point out.

"Stop~ I'm blushing, go on!" He smiles and hugs me from behind.

"Let's get you two in normal clothes." Annie hugs me and we go up to our floor. I decide to take a shower and wash everything Capitol off of me. It gave me time to think. I thought about Katniss, how she could start a rebellion and civil war if she wanted to. Then my mind went to Finnick. Atleast one of us is going to die. I might never see him after the games. He might never see me. We might not die together. What if that last time I see him is when we start?!

I turned off the shower and dried off using the white, fluffy towels. I walked out in sweatpants and a blue T-Shirt. The floor was really cold beneath my feet as I pattered to the living room.

Annie and Finnick were talking, so I joined them.

"Hey Tessa." I smiled at Finnick and sat next to him. He played with my hair until dinner was called. We ate and joked at the table. Finnick, Annie, Nadiyah, Mono, August, and I. Just us.

~

The next morning would start training. Our training clothes were black leggings with a black shirt that had blue shoulder sleeves.

Me and Finnick went down at 8:30, and we both went to knot tying first. We both completed learning all the knots in maybe an hour, and by then, Peeta and Finnick showed up.

Me and Finnick split ways at that point.

I went over to the knives, grabbing a few throwing knives and walked over to the targets. They were moving holograms and not some mannequin. I pushed the hardest setting on the manual, and worked for another 30 minutes.

I felt someone tickle me as I put up the knives, and I laughed falling to the ground.

"Stop! Stop!" I laughed. I heard giggles from above me that could only be from one of my best friends. "Johanna! No!" She finally stopped. We were both on the ground catching our breaths, everyone looking at us.

"Wanna go train axes with me?" She asked smirked at me. "Hell yeah." We got up and went over. I used the blocker things first, and we worked together until lunch.

"So how's 7?" I asked.

"It's okay. Pretty boring but Snow has upped the working hours to 12 every day." I nodded. Blight listened quietly to our conversations, sometimes joining in but mostly staying quiet. Finnick, Johanna, and I cracked jokes and were the only table not talking about the games.

"Maybe if we're lucky, Peeta and Katniss can find a way to cancel the games. I'm sure they have the capability to after last years stunt." Johanna said. I nodded.

"Save all our asses, that's for sure." Blight threw away our plates.

Katniss looked over at us, giving us a side eye, and turns back to Peeta.

We finish todays day of training, and go back to our floor and sleep. I couldn't stop thinking about Katniss. How much danger she's in. What she's gotten herself into.

A/N
Merry Christmas! Happy Hanukkah! Merry Winter Solstice! Happy Holidays! Whatever you celebrate, I hope you have an amazing time and enjoy your family.

Word Count
{727}