𝟶𝟺 - 𝙶𝚊𝚖𝚎𝚜

Song- Battle Scars by Lupe Fiasco and Guy Sebastian

-A/N-
I made up the arena for this book because there was no confirmation of what the arena was. Some searches showed volcanoes, while others showed spider forests.

"Ladies and gentlemen, welcome to the 64th annual Hunger Games!" announced Claudius Templesmith. The countdown began, only giving us 60 seconds to look around.

There was a set of buildings lined in a queue off to my right. Grounds and grounds of sand and dirt paths. There was a mountain in the distance on my right. It was rocky and I saw a few pine trees on it that were discolored. I heard rushing water, and I figured there was a waterfall on the other side of the mountain. The mountain closed us in, as it circled us with shorter pieces of land and trees.

10

I looked around to find Dylan.

9

Alorah from 2 on my left,

8

And a guy from 12 on my right.

7

I look out to see Dylan just on the right of the Cornucopia.

6

I look up to the sky and see the blaring sun.

5

There are rocks scattered everywhere with no doubt lizards and rattlesnakes nesting inside.

4

My breath hitches as I realize what's about to happen.

3

It's not a dream anymore...

2

This is happening. Now.

1

...

People ran off of their pedestals immediately. I saw a backpack lying on the ground near me. I ran over, picked it up, and ran. I was running as fast as I could, but I still got knocked down on my stomach. I turned my back and saw it was a girl from 7.

"Only 13, huh?" she taunted me."Lowest score, you knew you would die first. She had her axe ready to throw, but then she stood there with blood shooting out of her mouth. She fell limp. The person who killed her shadowed over.

Hailey from 12. I think she was 15. I had joked with her a bit during training. I was told she had the second-lowest score. I smiled."Get up! We need to go c'mon!" I did as told and we both ran off the opposite way of the mountain. It was a small ravine that was dried up with sharp rocks.

Me and Hailey climbed down the rocks and inside was a small cave that provided shelter. Once we knew the bloodbath was over, we started to go through our things. Hailey and I both had a backpack, she had knives on her from the Cornucopia. I was unarmed.

My bag had rope, a canteen of water, a flashlight, a sleeping bag, and a half-loaf of bread. Hailey's bag contained a bottle of water, 2 knives, a sleeping bag, and a bag of dried fruit."Well, this is useful." I laughed quietly. She smiled at me.

The rest of the first day went by without any other canons. Me and Hailey took turns sleeping, both still in the little cavern.

An anthem played in the air as the faces of the fallen, flew in the sky. The boy from 3, the girl and boy from 7, the girl from 8, and both boys from 9 and 10. So all of the careers were going strong, Dylan was alive, and Hailey's other tribute was alive.

"Y'know, we should get to know each other." Hailey and I both couldn't sleep."Okay," she laughs quietly."What's your favorite color?" Hailey asked looking over to me."Um.." I thought out into the night sky. It was getting colder as night went on."White." I smiled softly back at Hailey."Like President Snow's roses?" I laughed at her interpretation.