𝟸𝟿 - 𝚅𝚘𝚒𝚌𝚎𝚜

Song- Shootout by Izzamuzzic ft. Julien Marachel (sped up)

Katniss quickly shoots him and he falls into the water. Cashmere runs up at us and Johanna kills her with her axe. Finnick goes to fight off Brutus, and I look for Enobaria. She runs around and I throw one of the knives Johanna gave me at her. I run after them, in front of Katniss and Johanna, when the whole Cornucopia starts to spin.

I trip and am knocked forward, scraping my face and falling on the rocks. I hold onto the slippery rocks with all my force.

I hear Katniss scream, and I see her start to fall. Johanna held onto her tightly. She sticks her axe into the rock to hold on. "Hang on!" I yell, trying to dodge a few boxes coming my way. I look back, and Katniss has fallen into the water.

"Oh, shit!" I mutter and dive in. The waves try to prevent me from getting to her, but once the Cornucopia stops spinning, I swim to Katniss and grab her arm, going up to the surface. We get to one of the rock paths, and Katniss sits there for a second. I lift her with most of my strength, Peeta coming over to pat her back as she coughs up water.

I take a few deep breaths, trying to get up as well. Johanna sees me and helps me up. I flinch at the strong use of my core, but I manage to walk over to Finnick.

"Are you okay?" He asks. "Yeah, it's just a bruise." I kiss his cheek.

We head to the beach, not wanting to stay on the Cornucopia any longer. I stand next to Finnick as we discuss who's left alive.

"They know they're outnumbered, I doubt they'll attack again. We're safe here on the beach." I say. "So what do we do? We hunt them down?" Johanna asks.

"AHH! Katniss! Katniss help me!" A young girl's voice yells from the jungle. Katniss stands up, yelling, "PRIM!" Her little sister.

"No. Katniss!" I run after her. "Wait!" We get to a clearing, and there's a bird that she shoots.

"Katniss, you okay?" I asked going over to her.

"TESSA! TESS HELP ME! AHHH!" I hear Annie's voice deeper in the jungle. "Tessa! Tessa!" I hear Finnick's voice too.

"ANNIE!"

I try to run back to him, but Katniss catches up to me. "It's not her, it's just a Jabber Jay. It's not her." Katniss tries to tell me.

"How do you think they got that? Jabber Jays copy." I say to her. A swarm of Jabber Jays crowd us. A few other voices join in, like ones of Annie. We saw the others, and I ran straight to Finnick.

In the mix, I hear myself screaming out for Finnick, he must've heard me too.

"It's okay, they're just mutts." He comforted me, although I could barely hear.

Katniss continues yelling to block out the voices. I sit down, cris-crossed, and try to focus on Finnick and Johanna.

When the hour's up, I look up at Finnick who is sitting next to me. "You okay?" Johanna asks. "Yeah, I'm fine. Are you?" I ask. Finnick nods. "Yeah, are you sure?" He asks me. I nod. He wraps me into a hug, something I needed right now. "They were so real," I whisper. "I could feel her pain." Finnick kisses my hair, as I hear Johanna rant.

"Hey, how does that sound, Snow? What if we-what if we set your backyard on fire? You know you can't put everybody in here!" She yelled up at the sky. Katniss and Peeta looked at her like she was crazy. "What? He can't hurt me. There's no one left that I love." She says.

Johanna goes off to get some water, we make our way back to the beach. Finnick places his trident in the sand and walks me down a little way on shore. He sits me down in between his legs, my head resting on his chest. I was so tired.

"I heard you, and I thought Katniss killed you." Finnick wipes away a tear. I rarely see him cry. "I thought I lost you, Tessa. And when I saw Cashmere throw her knife at you, I thought I'd never see you again."

~Johanna's POV~

"Who's Annie?" Katniss asks me. I look at her after giving her the water. "Annie Cresta, Tess's little sister? She won like 4 years--5 years ago." I stumble over my words.

"Is she the one that went a little..?"

I nod. "Mmhm."

Katniss looks out to Tess and Finnick. "They truly love each other. I thought they were faking for the cameras." She says. I shake my head. "Love is weird."

"I have a plan," Beetee tells us. I stand up to get Finnick and Tess. "Finnick," I call him over. They both get up and walk to Beetee. "Where'd the Careers feel the safest? The jungle?" Beetee asks.

"Jungle's a nightmare," I remark. "Probably here on the beach." Peeta answers.

"Why are they not here?" Beetee asks again. "Because we are. We claimed it." I say. "And if we left they would come?" Beetee needs to just get to the point.

"Or stay hidden in the tree line." Finnick stabs the sand with his trident. Beetee goes on to explain his plan, electrocution.

Finnick and Tess are back out in the water. Joking around and laughing. Beetee says for us to start the plan, so I call both couples over. We make our way to the Lightning Tree.

We start wrapping the wire around the tree. When we're done, Beetee instructs me and Katniss to take the wire to the beach.

"I'm gonna go with them as a guard," Peeta says. "No, you're staying here to protect me and the tree." Beetee shakes his head. "No, I need to go with her." Peeta fights back.

"There are two Careers out there, I need more than two guards." Beetee firmly says. "Finnick and Tess can protect you just fine on their own."

"What if Johanna and Finnick stay with you, and Peeta and I will run the wire down." Katniss reasons. I know what they're up to. They're gonna run even after all we've done for them to live.

I look at Finnick and Tess, seems they've figured it out too.

"It's his plan we all agreed to it," I say to Katniss. "Is there a problem here?" Finnick asks. "Excellent question." Beetee walks to Katniss. "No, there's no problem." Katniss and I start through the trees down to the shore.

Word Count
{1108}