𝟷𝟷 - 𝙻𝚘𝚜𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚈𝚘𝚞

Song- Happiest Year by Jaymes Young

The thing I hate the most is being alone. And here I was, in my room by myself, after enduring that torture. I hated it, and it was taking all my strength to not sob so everyone could hear. I needed Finnick, and I had a feeling he did too. I couldn't take it anymore.

I walked to my door, and slowly opened it. It was around 2, so everyone would be asleep by now. I crept over to Finn's room, right across the hall from mine. I had gotten to the handle, when I noticed a small light. I opened the door, and Finnick was sitting in his window seat, looking out into the Capitol. The window was open, so I could feel a slight breeze.

"Finn?" I whimpered as I closed his door.

"Hey Tessa-" He stopped when he saw my tear stained face."Hey, why are you crying, angel?" Finn asked as he rushed over to me. Thankfully, my sobs were muffled into his hoodie."You're okay, let it out. I'm here. Make sure to breathe angel." He comforted me, whispering so only I could here. I had slowed my crying, so only a few tears ran down my cheeks. Finnick looked down at me with his adorable sea green eyes, concern swimming in them. He wiped my tears with his thumbs, slowly feeling my burning hot face.

"What happened angel?" He asked slowly and carefully. "Snow, he...he made me do something." Finn saw I was uncomfortable, so he didn't push me. "Okay, I'm glad you came to me. Want to try and get some sleep?" He whispered as he rubbed my back. I nodded slowly as he walked me over to his bed. I got in with him, and he held my hand as I listened to his heart beat.

"You're okay, I'm here angel. Just listen to my heartbeat." And with that, we both slowly faded into a peaceful sleep. Having each other made us feel safe, too bad we would have to split soon enough.

~

Today was the interview, but that wasn't until 7:00 PM, so they had the tributes train with their mentors, aka me. Me and Finnick were eating breakfast, and about 15 minutes later, Lola walked in.

"I wanted to get some extra sleep." I smiled at her. "Yeah, it's okay." Finnick also gave her a warm smile.

"So, they're letting you train with your mentors today, and after are the interviews. We'll go down in maybe an hour, sound good?" Finn and Lola both nodded.

We made small jokes with each other, enjoying some of our last moments with just the three of us. Soon Nadiyah came out of her room, dressed and make up flawless. "Time to train, young ones. You'll come back up at 4:30, to get ready." I nodded at her as we made our way to the elevator, seeing as we were already dressed and ready. Finn and Lola were wearing the uniforms they were given at the start of the week, and I wore black leggings and a light blue, longsleeve athletic shirt.

~

We worked on defending and attacking skills, since I told them to do the survival skills first. I had a rubber baton, 'fighting' off Lola as she swung at me with her sword. We took a short break, and saw it was 4:00, so I decided to work more with Finnick with his trident and some knives, while Lola said she wanted to work more on knot tying.

It was soon 4:30, so we headed back up to the floor where Their stylists were waiting to get them ready.

"I love you Finn," I stood on my toes and kissed his cheek. He smiled and said "I love you too Tessa," Lola looked at us, smiling happily.

Now it was just me and Nadiyah. Hopefully I wouldn't have to go back to persue Snow's wishes. I didn't, atleast for now.

"Why don't you go clean up and get ready, dear." Nadiyah smiled at me, she walked over to the couch and picked up a magazine. I gladly took her offer, and went to take a shower.