𝟹𝟸 - 𝚁𝚎𝚜𝚌𝚞𝚎

Song - Rescue by Lauren Daigle

~Tess's POV~

After the long interview I was given, I was rushed off and thrown back to August where he gave me back my old pillow case and wiped off my makeup. My hair was let down and brushed, but that was it. August stared deep into my soul but, again, didn't say anything.

I was then escorted back to that horrible place with my old friends and sister. I was separated from all of them, and placed in what looked like a pristine, white shower. I sat there for what seemed like hours, but then I was awoken when I heard the familiar beep of the door.

A bunch of soldiers dressed in black barged into the room, and started pick locking the cells.

~Finnick's POV~

After Katniss's small outburst, they called me out to "distract" everyone in the Capitol because they were rescuing Tessa, Annie, Johanna, and Peeta.

"Take your time, just remember to keep talking, and don't stop," Cressida told me as I stood on the rocks in front of the entrance to District 13.

"This is Finnick Odair, winner of the 65th hunger games, I'm coming to you from District 13 alive and well. We survived an assault from to Capitol, but I'm not here to give you recent news." I stopped for a second.

"Instead, I'm gonna tell you about the truth, not the myths of our life of luxury." I continue.

"President Snow used to...sell me...my body, that is. I wasn't the only one. If a victor is considered desirable, the president gives them as a reward or allows people to buy them for an exorbitant amount of money. If you refuse, he kills someone you love. So you do it."

I explain to the camera, hoping this is showing in Panem so everyone can know the truth.

"I wasn't the only one, but Tess and I were the most popular. And perhaps the most defenseless, because the people we loved were so defenseless. To make themselves feel better, my patrons would make presents of money or jewelry, but Tessa never received that. She got gifts that would guarantee me or Annie would live. And I found a much more valuable form of payment. Secrets." I say, explaining everything down to the finest detail.

All while telling this, I couldn't stop thinking about how I had to keep going. For Tessa and Annie and Johanna and Peeta.

After the interview I gave, I waited patiently for my loved ones to return. I sat in my room, tying the last few knots my rope could hold. That's when Plutarch came in and told me they were here. I raced down to the medical center and saw Katniss there.

I looked around, and there she was. There was my Tessa. She was sitting on a hospital bed, but when she saw me, she jumped up and ran for me.

"Finnick! Finnick!" She jumped into my arms, I'd never been happier than at that moment. She was safe and we were together after being apart for so long. I was so happy that I got to be with her, I was so grateful that she was in my arms.

I kissed her with the most passion I'd ever felt, like I needed her more than life. She is my life. She is the most important person in my world, and here she is. Wrapped in my arms where she belongs. She belongs with me, and I belong with her.

She was rescued.

Word Count
{595}