𝟷𝟿 - 𝙴𝚟𝚎𝚛𝚢 𝚂𝚝𝚎𝚙 𝙾𝚏 𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝚆𝚊𝚢

Song- Falling Apart by Michael Schulte

"Finnick Odair, the President is here to see you."

He walked out, maybe 10 minutes later. He was looking down, and wouldn't look in my eyes. He didn't need to say anything, I knew that he had been auctioned off like me. Threatened that everyone that he loves will die if he says no.

"Come on Finn," I gently grabbed his hand and led him to his room. I cuddled him until both tributes came back from training.

"Annie, Harris..." We started talking to them about survival tactics and strategy.

The next day rolled by faster than I would've liked, and the day after that. We were finally allowed to train with our tributes, so I went with Annie, and Finnick with Harris.

I put on simple black leggings and a shirt, and me and Annie went down to the center. We worked on a few things, and when it came time to leave, she was flustered.

"No, can we train a little longer? I want to make sure the skill is perfect." She pleaded. "No, it's getting time for dinner, Annie." I told her. "But-"

"But what?" I asked, confused.

"This may be one of the last moments I have with you." Tears pooled in her eyes. My heart broke at the sight of her. "No, Annie," I pulled her into a hug, my voice cracking. She didn't deserve this.

~

I lay in bed while waiting for the individual assessments to be done, and Finnick to come back. He had been sold that quickly to a citizen.

A knock came from the other side of my door, and I sat up. "Come in."

Nadiyah entered and said Annie and Harris were back. I nodded and thanked her. I walked out and gave them some more advice, and we shared a good laugh. Then they were rushed off to get ready for the interview. I had little time to give them a story to play. But, turns out they didn't need one.

I visited August, and he gave me a simplistic tan dress that had pleats and stripes of teal glitter. He gave me teal heels and teal eyeshadow. The rest of my makeup was natural with a teal liner.

I went to the seats and sat down, leaving a spot for Finnick.

When District 3's male tribute came up, Finnick arrived in a teal suit, tan dress shoes, and his hairwas slicked back. He saw the spot, and sat next to me. I grabbed his hand, and he put his hand on my thigh.

"You look beautiful, darling." He complimented me. I smiled. "You look handsome, my prince." I brushed his stubble with my thumb and kissed his cheek. He giggled and kissed my lips. We both smiled into it.

"District 4, Harris Lowe!" Caeser called him out. He walked out with a sky blue suit, and black dress shoes. His hair was shaggy and wavy down his face. He sat down and he had a good interview. His story was a regular boy who fishes for a living.

"District 4, Annie Cresta!" He called out my sister. Annie's dress was very simplistic. A satin, sky blue dress the was not stuck on her curves. It went down just below her knees, and she was paired with short, black heels that had a strap around the toe. Her firey hair was straightened and she had sly blue liner, lips, and shadow. There were blue crystals in her hair, aswell.

"Annie, how do you feel coming into the games, having your sister already won the 64th games?" Caser asked.

"I feel ready. I feel good. 'M feeling very anxious, aswell." She answered very strongly.

"How'd your sister feel when you were picked? Was she sad?" He asked.

Annie looked down, and looked sad remembering the reaping.

"Yes, she told me that she wished for her to be in the Arena with me. It killed me to see her in the games so young. I'm glad I'm 18." Annie responded, and got cheers from the crowd.

"It seems like if you win, you'll have a full family of victors." Caeser smiled and looked to me and Finnick.

"Yes, I hope to come back to them. I wish to make them both very proud." Annie smiled.

"Thank you Annie, for the truly amazing interview, we shall see you compete tomorrow! Everybody, Annie Cresta!" Caeser and Annie stood up, Caeser giving Annie a round of aplause. Me and Finnick clapped, and waited for the other interviews.

~

"Annie, Harris, you were amazing. Absolutely brilliant." Finnick congratulated them. "Now head to bed, you have a big day tomorrow." I told them both after dinner.

I was about to go too, but I saw Finnick hadn't moved. He was turned around.

"Finn?" I asked, and walked over to him. "Come on, it's bed time." I grabbed his hand.

"Can we stay up a bit longer I wanna cuddle by the fire~" He brought his hands to my waist, and brought me closer. "Of course, Finn." I giggled. We walked over to the fire, and layed on the couch.

"I love you, Tessa." Finn yawned as I massaged his head. He hugged me tighter. "I love you too, handsome."

Word Count
{883}