𝟸𝟶 - 𝙳𝚘𝚗'𝚝 𝙲𝚛𝚢

Song- The Wisp Sings by Winter Aid

It was time. The week went by so fast, if only I had cherished a few more minutes or moments with my sister. I may never see her again, and it made me go pale.

I woke her up after I got ready. "Annie. Your clothes are laid out, get up." I whisper sadly. She opens her eyes, the eyes that reminded me of mum. "Hurry, breakfast's almost ready." I walk out, not being able to comprehend the days that come next.

I met Finnick in the living room with Harris. "Goodmorning, my love." Finnick softly smiled as he sipped his coffee. He looked very tired, and I could only think of his night. Too many bad thoughts came to mind.

Soon enough, it was time for Annie and Harris to be transported to the arena with their stylists. I hugged Annie before she borded the hovercraft.

I heard her weeping in my shoulder, muffled, but still there. "No, shh. Don't cry, don't cry." I teared up, trying to be steong for her. I wish time froze, and I could be with her forever.

"Annie, it's time to go. I promise I'll be watching the whole time. I promise I'll look after you." I sobbed. She nodded. I breathed in deeply, remembering this moment.

"Okay," I smiled sadly. She turned and walked with Harris into the hovercraft.

Finnick was behind me, I backed up into him. The hovercraft took off and flew to the arena. I turned and whimpered into Finnick's chest. He rubbed my back.

"She'll be back."

~

We got back to the quarters, and waited for them to start broadcasting. It took about an hour, but soon enough the cameras were rolling, and I got a view of the arena.

It was beautiful. Trees with orange and red leaves, a giant lake and plains which they stood now, infront of the Cornucopia. Annie and Harris were a few tributes apart, and when the countdown ended, they both grabbed and pack and were off to the forest.

Me and Finnick watched nervously, as the first day in the arena went by. 15 tributes were killed.

Annie and Harris took turns sleeping, and the next two days went by smoothly. Well, 2 more tributes were killed. On the 4th day, Harris was decapitated infront of Annie during the night. That was when we knew we had to get her some sponsors.

We went down and started looking. Eventually, we found this nice couple who wanted to sponsor Annie some throwing stars.

Me and Finnick went back to the quarters, and Finnick managed to go to sleep. I couldn't. I stayed up watching the games, watching the tributes sleep. But most of the attention was on Annie, as she had just recieved throwing stars and was also wide awake. She looked traumatized. Tears rolled down her pale and almost lifeless cheeks.

My jaw hardened, and I looked to the floor.

"She'll pull through." I looked over to see Finnick had woken up. "Just like we did."

Word Count
{515}