𝟶𝟾 - 𝙱𝚒𝚛𝚝𝚑𝚍𝚊𝚢 𝚘𝚏 𝚊 𝙻𝚒𝚏𝚎𝚝𝚒𝚖𝚎

Song- Stresed Out by Twenty-one Pilots

Finnick and I had been 'dating' for a little while now. As much as dating goes for two 13 year olds. We would go on walks down the shore and little nothings like that. But today, was Finn's birthday, and also reaping day. Kind of a bummer, huh?

Finnick was turning 14, I had another 4 months or so.

I got Annie ready with a light blue top and a white skirt that went down to her knees. I left her hair down and natural."You look beautiful." Annie smiled."Okay, so I'll be able to walk you up to sign in, but I'll have to leave from there. I'll be sitting on the Justice building with the other past victors. I'll find you afterwards." She smiled."Okay."

"Okay." I smiled. I walked her out and gave her a hug before I had to take a different route. I walked up the steps and sat next to Sapphire who was on the end of the seats. Nadiyah went up and repeated the same speech she does every year. I was wearing a light green dress that had little pink flowers on it. It had ruffled sleeves that hung off my shoulders.

"Ladies first." My attention was pulled back to Nadiyah moving towards the girl's bowl. She smiled and picked one from the very bottom."Lola Birks!" I was relieved to not hear my sister's name. I looked over and she was happy too. A blonde girl came up. She was maybe around 16-17. I had seen her once during school. She didn't look as 'proud' as I did, but atleast it wasn't Annie.

"Now for the men." I looked to find Finnick. He was wearing a white button up with blue jeans and his hair washed and fluffy.

"Hey! Happy birthday, I'm sorry that it's on reaping day." I said as I ran up to the blonde boy."Oh yeah," He laughed quietly."I'll be okay though." I looked at him in his bright eyes."I know you will. Just know that I'll be here for you, because you are my future." He smiled and kissed my lips lightly."And I'll stay up for every nightmare, till we're on our deathbeds." I smiled.

"And our male tribute is..." Nadiyah opened the paper slip."Finnick, Odair!" I felt my breath hitch, and my heart, ache. Before I knew what I was doing, I had tears rushing down my face, and I saw Finnick coming up the steps with a blank face. I covered my mouth with my hand, afraid to make any noise. When they were rushed into the Justice Hall, I ran off the stage and went to find Annie.

"Annie! Annie!" I called for her, and she emerged from the crowd of girls and ran up to me."Tessa!" I hugged her head as more tears spilled from my eyes."But Finni-" Her voice cracked."I know, we'll go together." I said as I lead her up the steps.

"Miss Cresta." The peacekeepers allowed us to go in and they lead us to Finnick. His family exited crying and being pushed by other peacekeepers. One of the ones guiding us said, "3 minutes." We both nodded and entered the familiar room.

"Tessa." He hugged me."I-I cant." He breathed out, almost unable to talk. We both let go and I took something out of my pocket. The shark necklace."Here. You gave it to me and I survived with it so take it. Please." He nodded and held it in his hand tightly.

"I believe in you Finnick." Annie chirped. They hugged for a second too before our time was up. Two peacekeepers came in and took us from the room.

~

"Okay so you have everything?" Annie nodded her head."Good, I'll walk you over to Finnick's house. And then I'll be off." Annie smiled."I love you."

"I love you too Annie."

Soon enough I was on the train again with Lola, Finnick, and Nadiyah. I wish Sapphire could've been here, but only 1 girl mentor was allowed. And all the male mentors were too unstable.

"Tips?" Finnick asked as I admired his hair."Well, sponsors are a good place to start." I said as Nadiyah sat next to me."Matches, medicine, bandages, they only come from sponsors. And you get sponsors by making them like you. For example, showing off great skill or doing something unique. That'll get you sponsors." They both nodded.

"Okay. And why should we listen to you. You're only 13." Lola stated, crossing her arms. Finnick looked at her like she was crazy."You don't have to listen to me. It's advice not an order. If you choose not to...fine." I said as she just rolled her eyes."I'm going to my room." She got up and left. Finnick and Nadiyah looked sorry for me.

"Well, she'll come around." Nadiyah rubbed my arm and left. Probably to go find a hot peacekeeper or something. Finnick moved over to sit with me."I'm open ears." I laughed quietly.

~

Me and Finnick were in his room, cuddling and just making small talk. We were arriving in the Capitol tomorrow morning."You should get some sleep." I said as I stared into Finn's eyes."You should too." I smiled."You know I love you right? I'll love you forever Finn." He beamed with his signature bright teeth."I know you do Tessa, and I'll love your forever as well."

And with that we both fell asleep, wrapped in each other's arms.

Too soon, we were awoken by Nadiyah. We had a quick breakfast, and we were in the Capitol."It's beautiful." Finnick smiled."Yeah. I thought so too." The view was interrupted by a black tunnel.

When we finally got to the Tribute Living Quarters, Finnick, Lola, and I were sat in the living room."So, you'll most likely die from dehydration, if not you'll go crazy at the least. Starvation, infection, and freezing to death are next. My arena had bread and sleepingbags, but that won't be guaranteed." I explained to them."So a fire." I shook my head."No. Smoke is too obvious. It'll rise above the trees." They both nodded.

"Anyway. The parade is tomorrow. After that it's training for 2 weeks, then the interview, and then the arena. We'll make sure to get you ready by then." I smiled at them. Finn kissed my cheek. I even saw a slight smile on Lola's face too.

Word Count
{1096}