𝟸𝟺 - 𝙳𝚒𝚜𝚝𝚛𝚒𝚌𝚝𝚜

Song- So My Darling by Rachel Chinouriri

"Ladies first." Nadiyah walked over to the big glass bowls that held only a few names each. I looked out to see the beautiful sun that shone that morning. It was one of the most beautiful days I've seen in District 4. Too bad it was ruined by this event.

"The tribute for the 75th Hunger Games, Mags Flanagan."

Absolutely not. Mags didn't deserve this outcome. The chances of her winning were low, she had already won the 11th game. Mags was such a sweet old lady, she took care of Finnick and I, mostly Finnick.

"I volunteer in her place." I stepped in front of Mags, her shaking hands wanting to push me out.

"We have a volunteer! Our tribute for the 75th Hunger Games is Tess Cresta." Nadiyah held my hand and pulled me over to the side of the microphone. I smiled for the cameras, a proud smile to represent my district.

"Now, for the men." Nadiyah walked over to the boys side, and I saw Finnick up front. He was wearing a cream knitted sweater that I gifted him for Christmas a few years ago.

"The male tribute for the 75th Hunger Games, Finnick Odair." He also stepped forward, a cheeky, fake smile only I could recognize. He walked over to me and kissed my hand.

Peacekeepers opened the doors behind us, and we walked in, holding hands. The rest of the victors followed us in, to say their goodbyes and good lucks.

Annie came with us, as our mentor, and we were off on the train to the Capitol with Nadiyah, just like before, but all three of us together.

We got to the Capitol, it only took a day or so, and we were back again in the Living Quarters that I was so familiar with.

"Oh, Finnick, Tessa, there are two people upstairs expecting you." Nadiyah showed us the way, leaving Annie behind in the living room.

The rooms were right next to each other, and both of the doors revealed Capitol people.

~

Nadiyah opened both of the doors, the Capitol people left the Quarters, and a sweaty and loopy Finnick stumbled into my room.

"Hey, angel." The bed beside me dipped, and we faced each other. We both fell asleep quickly, rather tired from the night.

~Katniss's POV~

"Cashmere and Gloss, brother and sister District 1. They won back to back games, Capitol favorites, lots of sponsors, they will be lethal." Haymitch showed two blondes, a male and a female.

Then he switched to a big dude and a lady with her teeth shaved down to a point.

"The other half of the Career pack, Brutus and Enobaria." He introduced. "What's with her teeth?" I asked, judgingly.

"She had them filed into fangs so she could rip peoples throats out." Haymitch explained. I rolled my eyes. "She's committed, I'll give her that." Peeta made a remark.

Haymitch flipped the channel again, showing District 3. "Wiress and Beetee. Not fighters, but brilliant...and weird. Real Tech-savvy. He won his games by electrocuting 6 tributes at once."

Haymitch flipped it again, showing a young male and female that had big bags under their eyes. I listened to the nicknames Haymitch gave them, "The Morphlings." Because they were good at camouflage and used morphling a lot.

The screen then showed a man that I was familiar with. "Finnick Odair, right?" I asked.

"Yes, extremely humble-"

I scoffed. "You're kidding." Haymitch merely laughed. "Yes, I'm kidding. He's a peacock, a total preener." He flipped his hair. "Charming, smart, and very skilled at combat. Especially in water." He explained.

"Finnick won his games at 14, second youngest ever, right after his girlfriend Tess, who won at 13. She volunteered for Mags, who raised and mentored him." The screen cut to show Finnick kissing Tess's hand. She's a young lady with red hair and brown eyes. She was wearing a beautiful dress, and seemed to be short.

"They're looking to protect each other at any cost, it exposes them." I rolled my eyes again.

"He treats her like she's a princess. I bet they won't if it really comes down to it. Atleast one of them has to die." I grumble.

Haymitch sighs. "Well if they do, especially Tess, I hope she goes fast. She's actually a really awesome person. She's the humble half, a real team player and one of the most kind people I've met. But, they're the Capitol darlings, they love them here. Lots of sponsors."

~Tess's POV~

"Rise and shine! The parade is today and we need to get you two ready!" Nadiyah spread the curtains open, letting the sun in and blinding us. Groans could be heard from me and Finnick, Nadiyah giggling and laying out robes for us to wear.

I rolled over out of bed, dragging Finnick with me. "Nooooo. 5 more minutes." I laughed.

We both got changed into the hospital like gowns, and we were scrubbed and polished to our raw skin.

August strolled in, and started getting me ready. "TT you've grown so much." He hugged me. "Let's make you shine like the victor you are!"

A/N
Since it's winter break I'm gonna upload a lot more! Which is great and I hope you all enjoy the upcoming chapters. Also I live in FL, and there's supposed to be a chance of snow on Christmas. Wow. Merry Christmas, BTW!!!!

Word Count
{915}