𝟸𝟸 - 𝟹 𝚈𝚎𝚊𝚛𝚜 𝙻𝚊𝚝𝚎𝚛

Song- Ride by Lana Del Ray

The 74th Hunger Games. Supposed to be another games, nothing special or different. Me and Finnick were gonna be staying in District 4, this year. Annie's mentoring, unfortunately.

Me and Finnick wore matching outfits this year, as both of our talents are fashion.

•••

•••

Finnick wore a white dress shirt and ivory pants that I stitched him. Annie walked downstairs. Her talent was flower arrangement, so she had a flowered headband to go along with her dress.

•••

•••

We headed out the door and to the Justice Building. We sat down, and the reaping started. Nadiyah came up as sparkling as ever. Her dress and hair and shoes, everything, was gold.

"First, the ladies." Nadiyah walked over to the bowl, and drew a name. "Tara Macken." She walked up stage. She looked older, maybe 16-17. She had dark hair and brown eyes, and her skin was a bit darker than fair. Nadiyah went over to the other bowl and drew another name. "Ethan Jamieson." He looked to be very young, I'm guessing 14-15 at the oldest. He had red curly locks and was a great amount shorter than Tara. He had freckles and he was absolutely terrified looking. They shook hands, and went into the Justice Building.

I hugged and kissed Annie goodbye, and Finnick just hugged her. She walked into the Justice building with Britt. Me and Finnick walked home, saying "Hello," or smiling at some of the people.

We got back to my home in Victor's Village, and the rest of the day went slow.

~

The hunger games was about to begin. Katniss Everdeen, a girl from District 12 got an 11 on her training score. They were standing on their pedestals, they looked to be in an arena with thick forests and green plains. There was also a big lake.

Claudius counted down and the games begun. Both of our tributes ran into the Cornucopia. I sighed. "Perfect." No shocker what happened next, both of them died within the first 10 minutes.

The beginning lasted long, until something started happening at the Cornucopia where the Careers were camped out. A fire started somewhere in the forest, and they left to go check it out. Meanwhile, a red head stole something from their big pile. It was then that the camera focused on Katniss, who was trying to shoot the pile. She missed on the first try, but then it exploded on her next shot.

~

"Oh my gosh, are they both going to die?" Finnick asked me as we watched the screen ahead of us. We didn't really pay attention to the games that much, today was the 18th day. Both of the District 12 tributes were about to eat nightlock, a poisonous berry that could kill you in a minute.

"Stop!" The announcers declared them both victors. I looked to Finnick. "Has that ever happened before?" "No. And I have a feeling President Snow will not be happy."

Next years games will be a Quarter Quell. I can only imagine Snow will do anything to get back at the tributes.

Word Count
{522}