𝟶𝟻 - 𝚅𝚊𝚒𝚗 𝚅𝚒𝚌𝚝𝚘𝚛

Song- You're Somebody Else by Flora Cash

It was now dawn again. I had stayed in the same tree and slept peacefully without any disturbance. 5th day. Only 4 left. Danny, me, Jasper from 8, and George from 12.

I decided to hop down from the tree onto the soft bed of grass below me. Danny had taken all their food and weapons. I set foot out, not looking for a specific place, but hoping to find Jasper. And I did.

He was camouflaged into one of the rocks. But he was standing up and immediately charged out at me. He had a sword that was covered in blood. I had throwing knives on me, and threw one at him hitting his arm. He tackled me to the ground, him ontop of me.

"Pretty girl. It's too bad I have to kill you. I especially loved your bikini outfit. Y'know the siren." I flipped him over so know I was ontop of him."You think I'm pretty? How sweet. Can pretty girls do this?" I took another smaller knife and carved out his eyes. He screamed and groaned as I finished. I turned back to him."That was good camouflage." I said before slicing his throat, blood pouring from his mouth, and the canon going off.

3

I looked to see if he had any stuff left on him. Nope. Must've eaten all the food last night after the kill. I immediately wondered where George was. Hailey said he was pretty good. I decided to head to the Cornucopia where I thought there were still weapons. I had crept over to a small, wooden crate that hadn't been broken yet. There weren't any tools around, and I couldn't use a knife to break it, they were small.

I stepped on the top of the crate, and it broke immediately. There was a water canteen in it, only that. Not much but it would help. It was getting dark now, I figured the game makers wanted to speed up the last bit.

I figured my best hiding spot was to go back to my original location, the small cave. I was walking over to the cavern, when I heard loud footsteps from behind me. I looked behind me and saw George crouch behind a crate. I took out my knives.

"Shit." I heard him mutter.

He stood up, admitting his deafeat."Oh, and Hailey said you were good, not at spying I guess." He frowned at me."Just put me out of my misery already." I considered it. I also considered not doing that and helping him. But I knew neither of those options would be entertaining for the viewers. Only if I killed him in a different way...

"Why? That takes all the fun out of it." I smiled. We both stood there, waiting to see who would attack first, but then there was another noise from behind me. I turned immediatly to see Danny holding a sword. I back up, and he walked toward us so we were in a triangle formation.

"Guess the odds were never in our favors, huh?" Danny smiled, chuckling."We knew that from the day we understood the Games." George replied, looking demolished. Danny smiled."Yeah. What about you?" He turned to me."Do you think you've changed since you've been in here?" He walked over to me, putting the sword to my neck, my head looking almost straight up to his eyes.

Gray. Full of anger and bloodthirst. He was scary. I mean terrifying. Over 6 foot and strong as hell. He could kill you with his bare hands. But somehow I saw sadness in his eyes.

"Come on Danny. You should know that everyone in the arena changes. However your stupid mind probably couldn't comprehend that, could it?" I mocked him, smiling as he got mad.

"You shut the hell up, little brat before I-" Danny had pushed the sword up to where if it were 1 more inch, I would be dead. But Danny cried out and blood spilled from his mouth. George had thrown a spear at his back, killing him.

"That was stupid."

I laughed. "He wouldn't kill me." I replied gripping my knives harder."How'd you know?" He clutched his spear. "Instinct." I replied. George smiled and took a knife from his belt and stabbed himself. I gasped and ran over to him.