𝟸𝟷 - 𝙲𝚘𝚖𝚏𝚘𝚛𝚝

Song- Not About Angels by Birdy

The rest of the night went by slow and boring. But in the morning, there was a massive earthquake, that lasted only a minute or so. No deaths. Then, water started to rise from the ground. Fast.

Annie reacted calm to the flood, she simply laid on her back and floated. Canons sounded for the rest of the tributes. Annie won.

"Oh my god, Finn!" I screamed in delight. I haven't been this happy in years. He pulled me into his chest. "She did it! She did it." My cries muffled by his chest. "We can go home..." Finnick whispered to himself.

We went down to the landing pad for the hovercraft, and waited for Annie to get back from the arena. When she did, Annie ran off and hugged me as hard as she could. She was sobbing, and didn't say a single word.

"We're so proud of you, Annie." I cried into her hair and Finnick joined the hug.

~

We're back home, District 4. This has been the longest journey, I'm glad its over. Annie had her own house in Victor's Village, next to Britt's. Annie said she'd never use it, though, because she says to always be with me.

The rest of the 6 months to the Victory Tour went by calm. Too calm. Beach walks, swims, exploring, it feels like everything went back to normal. Normal, a word I'd never thought I'd use after I was reaped.

The Victory Tour went on just the same. Not even the interview excited me. Now we were on the train back home, again, it was so repetitive. I was done with it.

District 4, back we go, how many times is this going to happen?

~

I woke up to blood curdling screams from the bedroom next to mine, Annie's. Drowsy, I got up and opened her door, and sure enough she was thrashing around.

"Annie, wake up."

Her eyes burst open, tears rushing down her face. Her hair was sticking to her skin, sweat dripping from her head.

"Shh. It was just a dream."

I comforted her, sitting down on the bed, and wiping her tears.

"It was just a dream. You're safe. You're home." I whispered.

Every night, this happened over and over. Annie wouldn't sleep at all some nights, just out of fear of reliving it again.

~One Year Later~

The end of the 71st Hunger Games. It was the girl tribute from District 7. Johanna Mason. Finnick and I got to meet her after her interview. She was immediately nice to us, said she watched our games and stuff.

We talked for the rest of the night, just about anything. Not about the games, though, anything but the games.

Word Count
{462}